|Madeleine Arthur Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 10, 1997|
|Eye Color||Sky Blue|
Madeleine Arthur is a Canadian actress, best known for her role of Christine in the well-known movie To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (2018) alongside Lana Condor, Noah Centineo, Janel Parrish, and Israel Broussard. She also starred alongside Amy Adams, Christoph Waltz, and Krysten Ritter in the movie Big Eyes (2014) for which Amy was awarded a Golden Globe in 2015. Madeleine had notable roles in TV series such as The Killing (2013), Spooksville (2013), The Family (2016), DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (2018), The X-Files (2018), and The Magicians (2018). She was awarded a Joey Award for “Young Actress Age 15-19 in a TV Series Drama Supporting/Recurring” for her role of Charlotte Taylor in The Tomorrow People (2014). Madeleine also had a chance to guest star in 1 episode of the 3 times Primetime Emmy Award-nominated TV show Supernatural in 2015, alongside Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, and Misha Collins. In 2019, she began filming the sequel titled To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before 2.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- New York, New York, United States
Madeleine Arthur attended Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and was the Valedictorian of her class at graduation in 2015.
- Father – Brian Arthur
- Mother – Jane (née Walter) Arthur
- Others – Amanda Seyfried (Second Cousin) (Actress)
Madeleine Arthur is represented by –
- MoGood Talent Management (Talent Agent) in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- The Gersh Agency (Talent Agent) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Brave Artists Management (Manager) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Luna Ent (Publicist) in New York, New York, United States
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Madeleine Arthur is of Canadian and French descent.
Madeleine has also dyed her hair ‘Blonde’ and ‘Ombre’ in the past.
- Slim physique
- Long, wavy hair
- Defined jawline
- Prominent cheekbones
Best Known For
- Her role of Young Willa Warren in the TV series The Family (2016), guest role of Fray in The Magicians (2018), and Charlotte Taylor in The Tomorrow People (2014)
- Playing a character of Older Jane in the movie Big Eyes (2015) and Christine in To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (2018), as well as its sequel To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before 2
Madeleine Arthur made her first feature film appearance as Sally in the horror film Grace: The Possession in 2014.
First TV Show
Madeleine Arthur made her first TV show appearance as Meg in an episode titled Dreamcatcher of the fantasy series R.L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour in 2011.
Madeleine doesn’t have a personal trainer but was very physically active on her own since she was a kid. She has been a competitive gymnast for around 13 years, and 5 of those she taught younger children gymnastics.
Both Madeleine and her family are big fans of water sports such as swimming, surfing, snorkeling, and riding a jet ski. During the winter months, she had a habit of going to the mountain and skiing with her parents as well.
As for her diet, she eats very healthy and loves visiting the farmer’s market to get fresh produce.
Madeleine Arthur Favorite Things
- Interests – Amateur Photography, Traveling, Pottery, Art, Reading
- Musical Instrument – Violin
- Activity – Riding The Bicycle, Going To The Beach
- Drink – Pepsi Cola
- Animal – Camel, Elephant
- Sport – Baseball
- Baseball Team – New York Yankees
- Flower Colors – Yellow, Red, Purple
- Quote – “Time is a precious thing. Never waste it.” – Willy Wonka from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
Madeleine Arthur Facts
- She began acting at an early age and attended a theatre camp when she was 8. However, she didn’t take it seriously until she was in the 11th grade.
- Her hair gets incredibly frizzy and curly if not maintained and straightened.
- She played the older version of Jane Keane in the Big Eyes (2014). After the movie premiered, Madeleine had the chance to meet the real Jane, as well as her mom Margaret. Both of them were satisfied by the way they were portrayed in the movie.
- Madeleine played the lead role in a theatre play Oliver Twist as a young actress. She was fluent in French but didn’t understand English at the time, which forced other actors to translate or tell her the lines so she could read them aloud.
- She was always more inclined toward dramatic roles but hopes to be able to do either comedic project or something with a lot of artistic integrity.
- Since Madeleine is fluent in French, she would’ve liked to do a French film, preferably with actress Marion Cotillard.
- She would like to emulate either Marion’s acting career or one of Emma Thompson, another well-known actress.
- Madeleine claimed she was the master of the art of rejection, and never took failing to land a role personally.
- She started playing the violin when she was 5 years old.
- Madeleine claimed mediation was the key to her sanity, especially when she had to step out of her character to play a darker role, such as in the TV series The Family (2016).
- She met Emilija Baranac, who played Genevieve, her cousin in the movie To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (2018) a few years prior to their movie roles. Both concluded that they got along so well, and felt like they could pull off playing sisters.
- Madeleine became a huge fan of the Netflix video streaming service since she started using it. In August 2018, her favorite TV shows were Bloodline and The Get Down.
- Actor Christoph Waltz, her co-star in Big Eyes (2014) gave her invaluable advice. He told her to branch out from simply being an actress and to always keep learning about other things, which Madeleine took to heart.
- She fell in love with elephants when she visited South Africa at the age of 9. As a result, she became a big supporter of the Say No to Ivory organization that fights to eradicate hunting and poaching of elephants.
- In early March 2019, Madeleine concluded filming the horror, sci-fi movie Color Out of Space, where she played Lavinia Gardner alongside Nicolas Cage. The movie was based on the stories of the world-renowned horror fiction writer H.P. Lovecraft.
- As of early April 2019, Madeleine has amassed 60,100 followers on her Instagram.
- Follow her on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Madeleine Arthur / Instagram