|Emilija Baranac Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1994|
Emilija Baranac is a Canadian actress and model, best known for her role of Genevieve (Gen) in the Netflix romantic drama To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (2018) alongside Lana Condor, Noah Centineo, Janel Parrish, Anna Cathcart, and Madeleine Arthur. She is also known for portraying Midge Klump in the CW’s TV series Riverdale between 2017 and 2019 alongside KJ Apa, Camila Mendes, Lili Reinhart, and Cole Sprouse. Emilija has also appeared in guest roles in TV series Supernatural (2015), #Sti (2016), Beyond (2017), Charmed (2018), and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (2019). She starred in less prominent TV movies such as Aliens in the House (2013) where she played Sophie, Love You to Death (2015) where she was Paige Winters, Breed (2015) as Lilit, and Deadly Sorority (2017) in the role of Kristina Roberts.
Emma, Emmie, Ems
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Emilija Baranac started studying psychology at university parallel to acting.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Mira (Mikka) Baranac
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Ivana Bandic (Aunt)
Emilija Baranac is represented by –
- Play Management (Talent Agent) in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Alchemy Entertainment (Manager) in Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emilija Baranac has dated –
- Issey Taylor (2017-Present) – Even though Emilija never spoke about her love life, in October 2017, she posted the 1st out of many pictures with Issey, a music director. Initially, it seemed they were just good friends, but fans quickly noticed the romance was blooming on social media of both parties involved. Via posts on March 28 of 2018 and 2019, which was Issey’s birth date, she confirmed that he was the love of her life and that he had her whole heart.
Race / Ethnicity
Emilija Baranac is of Serbian descent.
- Slim physique
- Long, wavy hair
- Fuller Lips
- Thick, natural eyebrows
- Oval face
Emilija Baranac hasn’t endorsed any brands yet.
Best Known For
- Starring as Genevieve in the movie To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (2018)
- Portraying roles of Heidi in TV series Charmed (2018), and Crystal Thorrson in Supernatural (2015), as well as playing Jamie in TV series Beyond (2017), Midge Clump in Riverdale (2017-2019), and Audrey in Chilling Adventures of Sabrina TV series in 2019
Emilija Baranac made her first feature film appearance as Genevieve in a teen drama, romance To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before in 2018.
First TV Show
Emilija Baranac made her first TV show appearance as Crystal Thorrson in an episode titled Brother’s Keeper of the fantasy, horror series Supernatural in 2015.
Even though Emilija hasn’t spoken about her exact workout routine, she maintains her slim physique by a combination of hiking and healthy diet. Both of her parents are also fit, which means genetics played a large part as well. She is very fond of long walks in the forest, beach, and at the river banks, as both means of unwinding from a busy schedule, and the benefit of expending calories.
Emilija Baranac Favorite Things
- Fruits – Peach, Banana
- Christmas Movie – How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)
- Fashion Items – Chunky Sweaters, Jackets, Coats, Denim Jeans, Baggy Sleeves
- Fashion Inspiration – Rei Kawakubo
- Drink – Coffee
- Novel – Trainspotting (1993)
- Actress – Jane Birkin
- Interests – Photography, Learning Japanese, Taking Selfies, Experimenting With Fashion, Art
- TV Show – Terrace House
- Quote – “I find that the only way to get through life is to picture myself in an entirely disconnected reality. – From Submarine (2010)
Emilija Baranac Facts
- Both of her parents are Serbian, and Serbian is her 1st language.
- Even though she was naturally outgoing and cheerful, in elementary school she became shy because she couldn’t speak English, nor understand other kids there.
- Her parents sent her to acting classes to improve her language skills and gain back her ruined self-esteem, and she accidentally found out she was passionate about it.
- Emilija got her 1st acting agent when she was only 9 years old.
- Strong female roles make her feel empowered. Some of those are Wonder Woman played by Gal Gadot, Jessica Jones played by Krysten Ritter, and Rey from Star Wars franchise, portrayed by Daisy Ridley, and Ellen Ripley from the movie Alien (1979).
- She began taking psychology classes at university because she took an interest in it while in high school.
- Emilija claims that psychology classes helped her learn more about herself, as well as contribute to her acting skills. The knowledge helped her tap into the thoughts and actions of characters she had to play.
- Emilija tends to wear as little makeup as possible because her skin is very sensitive. She has an eczema breakout on her face in winter months, which forces her to use a lot of moisturizer products to keep it flawless.
- In 2016, she was roommates with Kiarra Goldberg, a New York/Vancouver-based actress.
- Emilija adores baggy jeans and sweaters, as well as Converse All-Stars and Vans sneakers.
- She considers her mom to be her biggest inspiration, as she was the strongest person she has ever known. That was because her parents came alone from Serbia to Canada around the time of her birth, in 1994, and built a completely new life for themselves.
- She said that her boldest look was wearing bright blue lipstick in public.
- Her idea of a cozy holiday was curling up in her bed, covered by many layers of blankets with a coffee nearby, and binge-watching a TV show.
- Emilija’s favorite scenes from To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before (2018) were when her character’s true feelings were shown. They conveyed a real fear of not knowing what to do in life while you’re in high school and the excess of emotions that typically followed puberty.
- She agreed that the actors who were known for playing the meanest roles in movies or TV shows were usually the nicest people in person.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Emilija Baranac / Instagram