|Paul Pogba Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 15, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Paul Pogba is a French professional footballer who is best known for his career with Manchester United and the France national team. In the past, he has also been a part of several other teams such as Juventus and Le Havre. During the course of his career, Paul has won a variety of tournaments such as Coppa Italia, FIFA U-20 World Cup, Supercoppa Italiana, UEFA Europa League, EFL Cup, FIFA World Cup, UEFA Nations League, and has been the recipient of numerous honors such as FIFA World Cup‘s “Best Young Player” and UEFA Europa League‘s “Player of the Season”.
Paul Labile Pogba
Pogboom, II Polpo Paul (Paul the Octopus)
Paul attended the Manchester United Youth Academy.
- Father – Fassou Antoine Pogba
- Mother – Yeo Pogba
- Siblings – Florentin (Older Brother) (Pro Footballer), Mathias (Older Brother) (Pro Footballer)
Paul is signed with Mino Raiola.
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Pogba has dated –
- Chantel Jeffries (2016) – In August 2016, he had a fling with the American model Chantel Jeffries. She flew from London to Manchester to spend some quality time with Pogba and later shared her story via Snapchat.
- María Zulay Salaues – Paul later started dating Bolivian model María Zulay Salaues and the couple tied the knot in 2019. They have 2 children together.
Race / Ethnicity
Pogba is of Guinean descent.
He sometimes dyes his hair “Blonde.”
- Mohawk hairstyle
- Long legs
- Big lips
- Athletic body
Pogba has signed endorsement deals with Adidas.
Pogba is a devout Muslim.
Best Known For
His athletic abilities, football skills, energy, and explosive playing style.
First Football Match
On October 10, 2009, Pogba played his first official match for Manchester United’s under-18 squad against Crewe Alexandra.
Pogba’s first appearance in the Premier League happened on January 31, 2012, during a match between Manchester United and Stoke City.
While playing for Juventus, Pogba appeared in a Champions League match on October 2, 2012, when the Italian club faced Shakhtar Donetsk.
Paul debuted for the French national team on March 22, 2013, in a match against Georgia.
- Long shots
- Aerial duels
Pogba doesn’t have significant weaknesses in his game.
Besides his regular football training, Paul does kickboxing. Many times, you can see videos on his Instagram profile about his leg kicks like how he punches with legs on a boxing bag. It is known that many professional footballers work on their leg power by involving some sort of kickboxing or martial arts that include doing a lot of leg exercises such as low and high kicks. By doing this kind of training, Pogba strengthens the key muscles of the legs which are used when he shoots the ball. It is good to mention the importance of the hip flexor, quadriceps and the other muscles of the hip which are always involved in each and every move, a footballer makes.
Check this video @ YouTube to see more of Paul’s kickboxing training.
Paul Pogba Favorite Things
Source – Dailymail.co.uk
Paul Pogba Facts
- Pogba first started playing football when he was 6 at a club named US Roissy-en-Brie.
- His first professional club was Le Havre.
- On October 7, 2009, he was officially signed to Manchester United.
- On February 19, 2011, Manchester’s manager Alex Ferguson promoted Paul and four other players to the first-team squad.
- On July 3, 2012, Paul refused to sign a new contract with Manchester United. Manchester’s manager at the time, Alex Ferguson stated that Pogba has been already signed by the Italian club Juventus.
- In 2013, Paul was awarded the Golden Boy Award as the best under-21 player in Europe.
- He won the Bravo Award in 2014 for being the best under-23 player in European contests.
- At the 2013 FIFA u-20 World Cup, Pogba was the captain of the French squad. He was given the Best Player award for his achievements during the competition.
- In January 2014, the British national daily newspaper The Guardian put Paul on the list of the ten most promising young players in Europe.
- He was a part of the 2015 UEFA Team of the Year.
- On July 13, 2014, for his performance at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, Pogba was named the Best Young Player.
- Paul was named to the 2015 FIFA FIFPro World XI.
- He won the Coppa Italia trophy in the 2014-2015 season.
- Many times, he has been compared with the former French player Patrick Vieira.
- Paul was the 6th highest-paid soccer player of 2020 as per Forbes with $34 million in earnings. Lionel Messi was the highest-paid at that time with $126 million in earnings.
- In March 2022, Paul revealed that he suffered from depression in the past.