|Paul Weller Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 25, 1958|
Paul Weller is an English singer and songwriter who has earned universal critical acclaim for his work with the punk rock/mod revival band The Jam (1976–1982), the blue-eyed soul music group The Style Council (1983–1989), and as a solo artist (1992-Present). He is widely considered as the greatest contributor towards mod revival, a music genre and subculture that had started in England in 1978. As of September 2020, he has won 4 Brit Awards, including the ‘Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music’ in 2006.
John William Weller
Paul, The Modfather
Sheerwater, Woking, Surrey, England, United Kingdom
Maida Vale, Paddington, London, England, United Kingdom
Paul had started attending the Maybury County First School, in his hometown of Woking, Surrey, in 1963. He had then joined the Sheerwater County Secondary School in 1970.
- Father – John Weller (Taxi Driver, Builder) (d. April 2009)
- Mother – Ann Weller (née Craddock) (Part-Time Cleaner)
- Siblings – Nicky Weller (Sister)
Punk Rock, New Wave, Mod Revival, Blue-Eyed Soul
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Bass, Hammond Organ
- Go! Discs
- Island Records
- V2 Records
- Yep Roc Records
- Parlophone Records
- Polydor Records
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Paul has dated –
- Dee C. Lee (1983–1998) – Paul began dating British soul, R&B, and pop singer Dee C. Lee in 1983, soon after the inception of his band The Style Council where Dee was a backing vocalist. They got married in 1987 and have 2 children together – a son named Nathaniel ‘Natt’ Weller (Musician) and a daughter named Leah Weller. The couple got divorced in 1998.
- Mary McCartney (1995)
- Lucy Halperin – Paul, through his relationship with make-up artist Lucy Halperin has a daughter named Dylan Weller.
- Samantha Stock – Paul, through his relationship with Samantha Stock, has a daughter named Jesamine ‘Jessie’ Weller and a son named Stevie Weller.
- Hannah Andrews (2008–Present) – Paul started dating Hannah Andrews, a backing vocalist, in October 2008 and they got married in September 2010, in Capri, Italy. They have 3 children together – twin sons named John Paul Weller and Bowie Weller (b. 2012), and a daughter named Nova Weller (b. 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
- Lanky frame
- Center-parted, neck-length hair
- Clean-shaven look
Paul Weller Facts
- Although his birth name was John William Weller, he was nicknamed Paul by his parents and later decided to use Paul as his stage name.
- In 2014, he had sued Associated Newspapers, a British media conglomerate, for publishing photographs on MailOnline, one of its subsidiaries; of his family while they were out shopping without asking them for permission. He had described the acts of the publishers as ‘plainly voyeuristic’ and won £10,000 in damages through the lawsuit.
- As of August 2020, 12 of his 15 solo studio albums had peaked within the ‘Top 2’ of the UK charts. The other 3 albums – Paul Weller (1992, 8th), As Is Now (2005, 4th), and A Kind Revolution (2017, 5th) – too had peaked within the ‘Top 10’ of the UK charts.
- He holds the rare distinction, along with John Lennon and Paul McCartney, of publishing albums that made it to number 1 on the UK charts in 5 consecutive decades.
Featured Image by Paul Weller / Instagram