|Paula Garcés Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 20, 1974|
Paula Garcés is a Colombian-American actress, voice-over artist, and producer who burst into the limelight after appearing in the coming-of-age comedy-drama movie Hangin’ with the Homeboys (1991). She cemented her fame by starring in several other films including the Harold and Kumar comedy movie franchise in which she portrayed the female lead, Maria. She has been featured in numerous TV shows such as The Shield (2006–2008). Paula has voiced many characters, like the Princess in the short film Red Princess Blues Animated: The Book of Violence (2007). She has also produced various projects like the television program The Mun2 Look (2010). She has amassed more than 160k followers on Instagram.
Paula Maria Santos Garcés
Actress, Voice-over Artist, Producer
- Father – He was a fisherman.
- Mother – She has been a schoolteacher.
She has been represented by Don Buchwald & Associates, Inc. and Untitled Entertainment.
Her net worth was $2 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Antonio Hernandez (2002-Present) – She tied the knot with entrepreneur and producer Antonio Hernandez in 2002. The pair has a son named Antonio Andres Hernandez (b. November 20, 2013).
Note: Paula had given birth to her first child, daughter Skye Mahoney in 1992, with her now ex-boyfriend.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Colombian descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Large and expressive eyes
- High cheekbones
- Cheerful smile
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Zen Heart.
Paula Garcés Favorite Things
- Dessert – Ice cream donut
- Beverage – Tea
Paula Garcés Facts
- When she was 7 years old, she shifted with her parents to New York City, where she resided mainly in Harlem. Soon after, she began to act in commercials hired by agent Diego Santiago, who was the best friend of her father.
- In 2010, Paula premiered her first comic book named Aluna, at the San Diego Comic-Con International. She later worked with S2 Games to create as well as voice the Latina superhero Aluna, as a 2011 playable hero added to the video game Heroes of Newerth.
- She has recalled that she has endless fond memories of shooting the Harold and Kumar films, with everybody on set having been respectful and nice, and the behind-the-scenes being just as hilarious as the movies themselves. Even during rehearsals, the team would find it difficult to stop laughing. When they had to act out the funny scenes in front of the cameras, which were usually politically inappropriate, they had to bite their lips and try their best not to crack up.
- Garcés has recounted that she had worked very hard in an attempt to make the sensual scenes spectacular in the comedy film A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas (2011). She has been a stereotypical Latina who has relished eating her rice and beans, and fried pork chops. She has never cut carbs as she has done it Mexican style with a generous amount of tortillas. However, she had given up most of that in order to get into shape.
- She and her husband have owned an eatery in New York City named From Earth to You Cafe.
Featured Image by Paula Garcés / Instagram