Luverne, Minnesota, United States
Shantel went to a college prep school Incarnate Word Academy in Houston. After passing high school level exams, she got enrolled at the Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – She has a younger brother and sister. (via Seventeen)
- Others – Peter Van Santen (Paternal Grandfather), Nellie Van Hemert (Paternal Grandmother), Dewey Dooyema (Maternal Grandfather), Doris Evon Henrietta Sundem (Maternal Grandmother)
As an actress, Shantel is represented by Leverage Management.
As a model, Shantel was represented by Page Parkes Management.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shantel VanSanten has dated –
- Michael Johnson (2008-2009) – Shantel VanSanten was reported to be in a relationship with actor Michael Johnson. They made a couple of public appearances before going separate ways in mid of 2009.
- James Lafferty (2009-2010) – Shantel hooked up with another of her One Tree Hill co-stars, James Lafferty. They started going out in June 2009 and dated for under a year before going separate ways in May 2010.
- Jon Fletcher (2015-Present) – Shantel started going out with actor Jon Fletcher after having grown cozy during the shooting of the 2015 movie, The Messengers. Their relationship was kind of confirmed in September 2015 after they were pictured holding hands and putting on affectionate display while holidaying in Paris.
Race / Ethnicity
Shantel has Dutch and Norwegian ancestry.
Tall and curvaceous figure
34-25-35 in or 86-63.5-89 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU) or 6 (US)
11 (US) or 41.5 (EU)
Shantel has starred in a TV commercial for Clean & Clear advantage.
Her religious views are not known.
Best Known For
- Having starred in the commercially successful movies such as The Final Destination (2009).
- Being cast as Quinn James in the drama series, One Tree Hill.
Shantel first appeared in 2006 film Savage Sprit as Lori. It was a direct-to-video film.
First TV Show
In 1999, Shantel voiced the role of Kaori in the English version of the series Steel Angel Kurumi.
Shantel keeps her stunning body in perfect shape by hitting the gym about 4 to 5 times a week. She makes sure that she is hitting the gym first thing in the morning.
Regarding diet, she starts her days with a Greek yogurt and some granola. She believes that it fills her up wonderfully and gives her energy to start the day in the best possible way. However, she is a not a fan of coffee and instead, her choice of beverage is mango ginger green tea, which she carries along even while traveling.
Shantel VanSanten Favorite Things
- Fashion Inspirations – Kate Hudson, Heidi Klum, Rachel Bilson
- Product While Traveling – Skin Food (Face Cream)
- Hair Product – Bumble and Bumble Tonic
- Lipstick – Ruby Woo by MAC
Shantel VanSanten Facts
- While growing up, she excelled in sports and track and field events, flag football, softball, badminton, running, and volleyball.
- She became a model at the age of 15 and got her breakthrough by appearing in the Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit Model Search, which was a televised competition.
- She did modeling until 20 years of age.
- When she got admission in college, she wanted to become a journalist but after taking the acting class at the age of 17, she switched her career preference.
- She appeared at #24 on the “TV’s 100 Sexiest Women of 2010” list by BuddyTV.
- She auditioned for the role of Savannah Lynn Curtis in the 2010 film Dear John, which was eventually played by Amanda Seyfried.