Developed by Nicholas Perricone, certified dermatologist and nutritionist, The Perricone Diet is age control diet program which will also shed pounds from your body. Modern eating habits which consist of a lot of unhealthy processed and junk foods are mainly responsible for premature signs of aging.
These foods tend to enhance your blood sugar level and cause inflammation in your body. As your skin reflects all the flaws of your body, appearance of wrinkles reflects inflammatory flaws in your body.
Perricone contends, no other cosmetic products and treatments are as efficient in providing you glowing skin as foods are. Healthy and nutritious foods are like good fuel to a naturally immaculate and younger looking skin.
What the Perricone Diet is?
Perricone diet plan is an anti-wrinkle program which will lift your face and will provide you radiant and flawless skin in twenty eight days. Mostly due to dearth of vital nutrients such as proteins and omega 3 fatty acids in your diet, you become victim of wrinkles.
The diet solution will introduce these nutrients in your diet with the help of specifically selected foods. You will find plenty of fruits, vegetables, proteins, green tea, and good sources of omega 3 fatty acids in the diet program. Fruits, veggies and green tea are natural antioxidants; they combat against free environmental radicals which make your skin look dull.
Foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids foster the development of new skin cells. High carb foods have continually been dissuaded by the diet plan because they enhance insulin resistance and blood sugar level in your body.
Principle of The Perricone Diet
The perricone diet intends to remove foods rich in tans fats, sugar and high glycemic index foods from your diet regime. These foods are root cause of all kinds of troubles. They not only make you become overweight but also make you look older.
Spring water has thoroughly been emphasized by the diet program. Water is the most inexpensive and effective detoxifying agent. You need to drink minimum seven to nine glasses of spring water in a day. Water will not just remove toxins from your body, but it will also mitigate your appetite. You won’t feel hungry every now and then, which will bring down your tendency of consuming unhealthy foods.
Some Healthy Tips Given by Perricone
There are some healthy tips given by Perricone. These tips will put hold on wrinkles and other signs of aging. Let’s have a quick look at them.
- Sleep encourages the release of noble hormones in your body. Therefore it’s vital for you to sleep properly for eight to nine hours to maintain adequate functioning of your body organs.
- Stress is the main foe of healthy skin and body. Stress fosters release of cortisol hormone which further leads to inflammation, acne, increased appetite, and storage of fat inside your body.
- Workouts have to be an integral part of your daily routine. Thirty to forty minutes of workouts for at least five days in a week are sufficient for keeping your internal body system at par. You can practice strength training, yoga, or cardio workouts to keep your body agile.
- Make proteins an indispensable part of your diet. Inculcate rich sources of lean protein such as fish, wild salmon, turkey, eggs etc., complex carbs and whole foods in your diet.
- Instead of directly switching to healthy diet, make gradual changes in your diet regime. You are likely to stick to diet plan for longer duration, should you make little yet remarkable changes in your diet.
- Cut dairy products such as milk, cheese etc. from your diet. Most of adults are intolerant to lactose, but still they keep having them because they are not aware of the damages caused by these products. Inflammation caused by lactose intolerance also makes your skin look older and insipid.
- Say goodbye to alcoholic drinks such as beer, wine etc. Alcohol is foe of healthy body and skin. It causes great harm to the walls of your small intestine which further causes inflammation.
Benefits of The Perricone Diet
The Perricone diet program is a wonderfully designed diet plan, you will get several benefits while moving along with the diet solution; let’s have a look at some of them.
- Nutritious foods of diet solution will mitigate water retention and inflammation in your body, which will help your body in burning more number of calories.
- With intake of balanced foods, you will experience vibrant flow of energy in your body, as a result of which you will feel superb from inside and beautiful from outside.
- There are no gimmicks or artificial ways propounded in the diet program. You will naturally obtain healthier body and skin while abiding by the diet solution.
- The diet plan will rid you from puffiness of eyes which is major problem faced by many people these days.
- The diet solution will enhance your bone density and will make you less susceptible of getting injured.
- The diet program will rejuvenate both your both your body and mind, and will boost your immune system.
Sample Meal Plan
Dieters are suggested to consume five small meals in a day. More time gaps between your meals are directly related to adverse impact on your blood sugar level. Due to spike in your blood sugar level, you feel hungrier than before and feel tempted to eat larger portion size of foods. Let’s have a look at one of the sample meal plans of the Perricone diet plan.
After starting your day with spring water, you can have four to five ounces of broiled wild salmon, three egg whites or one whole boiled egg, half cup of oatmeal, four oz cantaloupe with fresh berries etc. in your breakfast.
You can have salmon with spoonful of olive oil and lettuce dressing, two cups of romaine lettuce, fresh berries, lemon juice etc. in your lunch.
You can have unsalted hazelnuts, green apples, sliced chicken breast, plain yogurt, green tea, olives etc. in your afternoon snacks.
You can have two cups of romaine lettuce, four to six ounces of grilled salmon, steamed broccoli, asparagus and spinach etc. in your dinner.
You can have two ounces of low salt turkey, chicken breast, four almonds, olives, green apples etc. in your evening snacks.