|Peter Cullen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 28, 1941|
Peter Cullen is a Canadian voice actor who is best known for voicing the iconic character of Optimus Prime in films such as The Transformers: The Movie (1986), Transformers (2007), Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011), Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014), Transformers: The Last Knight (2017), and Transformers: Rise of the Beasts (2023). He has reprised this role in several video games as well. Peter is also well-recognized for lending his voice to numerous characters in films including King Kong (1976), Gremlins (1984), Predator (1987), Pooh’s Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin (1997), The Book of Pooh: Stories from the Heart (2001), and Winnie the Pooh: Springtime with Roo (2004); and TV series like Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo (1979), Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (1981), Knight Rider (1982), Alvin and the Chipmunks (1984-1985), The Jetsons (1985-1987), and The New Yogi Bear Show (1988-1989).
Peter Claver Cullen
Montréal, Québec, Canada
He splits his time between Montréal, Québec, Canada, and Los Angeles, California, United States.
Peter had attended the Regiopolis-Notre Dame Catholic High School in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. After his high school graduation, he joined the National Theatre School of Canada, a private institution of professional theatre studies located in his hometown of Montréal. In 1963, he was a member of the institution’s first graduating class.
- Father – Henry L. Cullen
- Mother – Muriel Margaret Cullen (née McCann)
- Siblings – Larry Cullen (Older Brother) (Military Officer (Retired)) (d. March 2011), Sonny Cullen (Brother), Michaela Tomlinson (née Cullen) (Sister)
- Others – Molly Culver (Daughter-in-Law) (Former Actress, Former Model), Michael H. Cullen (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Martha Dildine (Paternal Grandmother), Alfred Watterson McCann (Maternal Grandfather), Mary C. Carmody (Maternal Grandmother)
Peter Cullen’s net worth had been $6 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Although his wife’s name is not available in the public domain, it is known that Peter has 4 children – 2 sons named Angus Cullen (b. October 1988) (Voice Actor) and Clay Cullen (Stunt Actor), and 2 daughters named Claire Cullen and Pilar E. Cullen. He is also said to have 3 grandchildren including Sonny Cullen (b. 2006) through Clay.
Race / Ethnicity
He is primarily of Irish descent. He also has some German, Swiss-German, and French ancestry.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Sports a mustache
- Cheerful smile
- Puffy face
- Deep, raspy voice
Peter Cullen Facts
- Peter was so enamored by the historic first moon landing event of July 1969 that he became a lifelong fan of NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration), an independent agency of the U.S. federal government responsible for the country’s civil space program, aeronautics research, and space research.
- Due to this attachment, he often rates the interaction between Buzz Aldrin (the second person to set foot on the Moon and an integral member of the aforementioned July 1969 space event) and the character of Optimus Prime (providing the voice for which is Peter’s greatest ‘claim to fame’) in the 2011 American science fiction action film Transformers: Dark of the Moon as one of the proudest moments of his career.
- In 2011, Peter was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award in the category of ‘Outstanding Performer in an Animated Program’ for voicing the character of Optimus Prime in the computer-animated TV series Transformers: Prime (2010-2013).
Featured Image by Peter Cullen / Instagram