|Phil Foden Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 28, 2000|
Phil Foden is an English professional soccer player who has represented, as a midfielder, the top-flight English club Manchester City F.C. (2016–Present). With the club, he has won the Premier League title (2017–18, 2018–19), the FA Cup (2018–19), the EFL Cup (2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21), and the FA Community Shield (2018, 2019). At the international level, he had represented England at the Under-16, Under-17, Under-18, Under-19, and Under-21 tiers before making his senior national debut in September 2020. He was an integral member of the English squads that had lifted the trophy at the 2017 FIFA Under-17 World Cup and reached the final of the 2017 UEFA European Under-17 Championship. For his performances in the former tournament, he had won the ‘Golden Ball’ award and was included in the latter event’s ‘Team of the Tournament’. Later that year, he was named the ‘BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year.’
Philip Walter Foden
Phil, Ronnie, FoFo, The Stockport Iniesta
Stockport, Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Phil was privately educated at St Bede’s College, an independent Roman Catholic school in Manchester.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Phil Foden Sr.
- Mother – Claire Foden
- Siblings – He has a brother and a younger sister.
He is represented by Ten Toes Media, Booking Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
- 19, 11, 7 – England
- 80, 47 – Manchester City F.C.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Phil has dated –
- Rebecca Cooke (2015–Present) – Phil had started dating his childhood sweetheart Rebecca Cooke in 2015 while they were both still in their mid-teens. They have a son together named Ronnie (b. January 2019) who was named after Phil’s boyhood nickname. In April 2021, the pair had announced that they were expecting their 2nd child together.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
He has been sponsored by the sports goods manufacturing giant Nike.
Phil Foden Facts
- He was a supporter of Manchester City F.C. since childhood and had joined the club at the age of 4 before eventually signing on a scholarship with their youth academy.
- In May 2018, he had become the youngest ever player to receive a Premier League winners’ medal. Guinness World Records had recognized him for this feat in the 2020 edition of their book.
- In March 2019, he had scored his first UEFA Champions League goal during Manchester City F.C.‘s 7-0 2nd leg round-of-16 match against FC Schalke 04. His performance had helped the team win the 2-legged match 10–2 on aggregate, thus equalling the record for the largest winning margin in the knockout phase of the competition.
- The goal that he had scored had made him Manchester City F.C.‘s youngest-ever goalscorer in the UEFA Champions League. He had also become the youngest English player to both start a match and score a goal in the knockout stages of the competition.
- In March 2020, he had become the youngest player to win the ‘Alan Hardaker Trophy’, an annual award presented to the ‘Man of the Match’ in the EFL Cup final since 1990.
Featured Image by Phil Foden / Instagram