|Pierre Gasly Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||February 7, 1996|
|Girlfriend||Caterina Masetti Zannini|
Pierre Gasly is a French professional racing driver who has raced in the premier Formula One tier as a test and competitive driver for several teams. In just his 2nd full season as an F1 racer, in 2019, he earned his first podium and finished a creditable 7th in the overall drivers’ championship standings. Before joining the F1 tier, he had won the GP2 Series in 2016 and the Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 series in 2013. Pierre had also stood 2nd in the 2017 Super Formula championship and the 2014 Formula Renault 3.5 Series.
Rouen, Normandy, France
Rouen, Normandy, France
Professional Formula One Racing Driver
- Father – Jean-Jacques Gasly
Formula One Teams
Pierre has raced for –
- Infiniti Red Bull Racing (2015) (Test Driver)
- Red Bull Racing (2016-2017) (Test Driver)
- Scuderia Toro Rosso (2017)
- Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda (2018-2019)
- Aston Martin Red Bull Racing (2019)
- Scuderia AlphaTauri-Honda (2020-Present)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Pierre has dated –
- Caterina Masetti Zannini (2018-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of French descent.
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Tousled, side-parted hair
- Often sports a rugged beard
Pierre Gasly Facts
- He began his racing career with kart races in 2006, at the age of 10. In 2010, he was the runner-up at the CIK-FIA European Championship, in the KF3 category.
- In 2011, he made his single-seater debut with the French F4 Championship where he won 4 out of the 14 races and finished the season in 3rd place.
- When he won the Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 series in 2013, he was the youngest champion in that category at that time. At the 2017 Super Formula championship, he had a chance to compete for the title but the final race had to be canceled because of a typhoon and he had to settle for the runner-up position.
- Midway through the 2019 F1 season, he was demoted from Aston Martin Red Bull Racing to its sister team Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda as the management felt that Pierre could have made better use of the potential of their car.
- In the next 9 races, he finished in the points bracket 5 times and in the Brazilian Grand Prix, the season’s penultimate race, he finished 2nd, earning his F1 career’s first podium finish. It was also the Toro Rosso team’s best result since the 2008 Italian Grand Prix and the first time that Honda had achieved a 1-2 finish (Max Verstappen had won the race with Aston Martin Red Bull Racing) since the Japanese Grand Prix in 1991.
Featured Image by Pierre Gasly / Instagram