|Pooja Bedi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 11, 1970|
Pooja Bedi is an Indian actress, talk show host, entrepreneur, and columnist who is best known for her work in films such as Vishkanya (1991), Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992), Lootere (1993), and Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee (1993). After the death of her mother and brother in the late 1990s, she had taken almost a decade-long break from the entertainment industry. After the hiatus, she had participated in several reality TV shows such as Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 1 (2006), Nach Baliye 3 (2007), Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 1 (2008), and Bigg Boss 5 (2011). She has been featured in numerous plays, TV commercials, advertisement campaigns, and has also penned articles for publications such as The Times of India, The Hindustan Times, MiD DAY, L’officiel, Femina, and The Week. She is the founder of Happy Soul, a health and wellness retail brand.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
She splits her time between Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, and Goa, India.
Pooja had studied at the Besant Montessori School in Juhu, Mumbai. She had later joined The Lawrence School, Sanawar, the oldest private boarding school in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh, and one of the most prestigious schools in Asia.
Actress, Talk Show Host, Entrepreneur, Columnist
- Father – Kabir Bedi (Actor)
- Mother – Protima Gauri Bedi (née Protima Gupta) (Odissi Dancer, Former Model, Founder of a Dance School called Nrityagram) (d. August 18, 1998)
- Siblings – Siddharth Bedi (Brother) (d. July 19, 1997)
- Others – Parveen Dusanj (Step-Mother) (Researcher), Nikki Bedi (née Moolgaoker) (Ex-Step-Mother) (TV and Radio Presenter), Susan Humphreys (Ex-Step-Mother) (Fashion Designer), Adam Bedi (Younger Half-Brother) (Model), Melissa Anne Murphy (Half-Sister-in-Law) (Make-up Artist), Baba Pyare Lal Singh Bedi (Paternal Grandfather) (Author, Philosopher) (d. 1993), Freda Bedi (née Freda Marie Houlston) (Paternal Grandmother) (d. March 1977), Laxmichand Gupta (Maternal Grandfather) (Trader), Reba Gupta (Maternal Grandmother), Ranga Bedi (Paternal Uncle), Gulhima Bedi (Paternal Aunt) (Professor), Shakti Maira (Uncle) (Architect), Aadya Bedi (Cousin) (Actress), Seher Bedi (Cousin) (TV Producer, Fashion Designer), Brinda Maira (Cousin) (Yoga Instructor, Spiritual Healer), Ami Mehera (Cousin), Shiv Maira (Cousin) (d. March 2000), Sohni Tanna (Cousin)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Pooja has dated –
- Bijoy Jain (1989) – Pooja got engaged to renowned architect and model Bijoy Jain in 1989 but the couple had parted ways soon after.
- Farhan Ebrahim Furniturewala (1990–2003) – Pooja had started dating businessman Farhan Ebrahim Furniturewala in 1990 and the couple got married on May 6, 1994. They have 2 children together – a daughter named Aalia Furniturewalla aka Alaya F (Actress) (b. November 28, 1997) and a son named Omar Furniturewalla (b. 2000). Before the wedding, Pooja had converted to Islam and taken the name Noorjahan. They got divorced in 2003.
- Hanif Hilal (2007-2008)
- Aditya Pancholi
- Maneck Contractor (2019-Present) – She got engaged to entrepreneur Maneck Contractor in February 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
She is of Punjabi Sikh and British descent on her father’s side, and Haryanvi and Bengali (Indian) descent on her mother’s side.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
Pooja has served as the brand ambassador for –
- Country Club India (hospitality company)
- Allergan India (pharmaceutical company)
- Kaya Limited (skincare brand)
She has been featured in the TV commercials of –
- Kamasutra (c*ndoms)
- Tips and Toes (nail polish)
- Frooti (mango drink)
- Tacfab (apparel retailer)
Pooja Bedi Facts
- Pooja, during her high school days, was a fitness and sports enthusiast. She used to compete in basketball and hockey tournaments and was a swimming champion as well. Later in life, she became a PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) certified open-water diver.
- An avid cook, she has completed professional courses in Mughlai, Italian, Mexican, Continental, Thai, and Chinese cuisine. She is also an expert in baking and vegetable carving.
- In 2000, she had published a book titled Timepass, which was a candid account of her mother’s relationships, rebellious lifestyle, family life, son’s death, and eventual transition into an ascetic towards the end of her life.
- On her official website, she has claimed that, from her father’s side, she is the 18th direct descendant of Guru Nanak, the founder of Sikhism.
- In October 2021, Pooja was tested COVID-19 positive. Until that time, she had not taken the COVID-19 vaccination as she wanted her natural immunity to accelerate her healing.
- In November 2023, she won a legal fight related to the forged will of her uncle late Bipin Gupta. As a result, she gained her proportionate right to her uncle’s properties. Bipin’s will was counterfeited by 2 strangers.
Featured Image by Pooja Bedi / Instagram