|Poorna Jagannathan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 22, 1972|
Poorna Jagannathan is an American actress and producer who is known for her portrayal of Safar Khan in The Night Of, Nalini Vishwakumar in Never Have I Ever, and Menaka in Delhi Belly. Aside from that, she also recognized for having produced and acted in the play Nirbhaya.
Poorna attended the University of Brasília. After which, she went on to graduate from the University of Maryland, College Park with a degree in Journalism.
She was granted a scholarship to pursue her Master of Fine Arts in acting at the Actors Studio Drama School at Pace University in the past. However, she discontinued her studies shortly after completing a year.
She has trained in acting under the watchful eyes of actress and acting coach Elizabeth Kemp.
- Father – Krish Krishnan (Diplomat)
- Mother – Vasantha Krishnan
- Siblings – Sean T. Krishnan (Brother)
Poorna is represented by –
- Artists & Representatives
- Untitled Entertainment
- Smith Talent Group
- Boosheri by Abrams Artists Agency
- KC Talent
- LINK Entertainment
- Daddario by Innovative Artists
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Poorna has dated –
- Azad Oommen (2003-Present) – She got married to businessman Azad Oommen on January 11, 2003. The couple has a son named Anav Oommen.
Race / Ethnicity
- Her curly hair
- Boney nose
She has either endorsed or promoted various brands including Cuyana.
Poorna Jagannathan Facts
- Growing up, Poorna divided her time between various places including Pakistan, Ireland, India, Brazil, and Argentina.
- Poorna is multilingual and can speak English, Spanish, Portuguese, Hindi, and Tamil.
- She made her debut TV show appearance as Rehana Khemlani in Law & Order in 2004. The same year, Poorna made her debut theatrical appearance in She Hate Me.
- Following the gang rape and murder of Jyoti Singh on December 16, 2012, in Delhi, Poorna produced and acted in a testimonial play called Nirbhaya (“Fearless”, a pseudonym given to the victim).
- Over the years, Poorna has appeared in various well-known shows including Big Little Lies, Better Call Saul, and Ramy, The Blacklist, and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
- Jagannathan has appeared on the cover of various magazines including Harper’s Bazaar, Marie Claire, Femina, Jade, and Exotica.
- She was listed on Verve magazine’s top “50 most powerful women in India” in 2014. Earlier in 2012, Femina magazine named her on their top 10 list in “India’s 50 most beautiful women” edition.
- Poorna is an ambassador for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
Featured Image By Poorna Jagannathan / Instagram