|Preacher Lawson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 14, 1991|
Preacher Lawson is an American comedian who rose to fame after becoming a finalist on the 12th season of America’s Got Talent (2017) and then returning for America’s Got Talent: The Champions, where he took the 5th place. He has appeared in a number of TV shows including Tournament of Laughs (2020), starred in numerous TV films like If People Acted Like Dogs (2018), and competed in several comedy festivals around the United States. His eponymous YouTube channel that has been home to vlogs, interviews, as well as videos of his live standup performances, has garnered more than 575K subscribers as of October 2020. He is the recipient of various awards such as the Funniest Comedian In Florida in 2015.
Portland, Oregon, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
- Mother – Kimberly Lawson
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Janine Foster – He has dated singer-songwriter Janine Foster.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Cheerful smile
- Large, expressive eyes
- Beard and mustache
- Scar on his forehead
Preacher Lawson Favorite Things
- Passionate About – Veganism, having regularly posted vegan and vegetarian cooking guides and videos discussing the ethical dimensions of his diet, along with other things, on his YouTube channel
- Advice – We should not follow our dreams but we should lead them instead
Preacher Lawson Facts
- He had shifted 20 times before the age of 10. He was brought up for most of his adolescence in Memphis in Tennessee but if asked what city he is from, he has always picked Orlando in Florida as he grew as a comedian in that place.
- Preacher has disclosed that growing up switching schools so many times had a positive outcome in how that made him learn the way to adapt. He has added further that everywhere he had gone he had learned about different people and different cultures, but he had noticed the one universal language everyone had in common, which was laughter. He used to communicate and become friends with most people through the means of laughter.
- Preacher began to write jokes when he was 16 years old for about a year, then decided to perform for the first time when he was 17 years old. He has revealed that his first standup performance was the result of a bet he made with his mother and he has considered giving this performance the greatest decision of his life.
- Preacher has stated that even in the lowest points of his life financially as well as emotionally, he has always made it a point to remember how his mother had made living in a car seem like a luxury. He has stated that this has been what has driven him to become all the better.
- Preacher has affirmed that he is aware that he is not a safe person when it comes to taking chances and that he would much rather go through life knowing he tried and failed than knowing he never tried. He has loved living life and doing exciting things like going sky-diving and rock-climbing and simply having fun.
Featured Image by Preacher Lawson / Instagram