Priya Prakash Varrier
Punkunnam, Thrissur, Kerala, India
Thrissur, Kerala, India
As of 2018, she was doing B. Com degree in her first year from all-girls’ college named Vimala College, Thrissur.
- Father – Prakash Varrier (Works in Central Excise)
- Mother – Preetha Varrier (Housewife)
- Siblings – Prasiddh Varrier (Younger Brother)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
49 kg or 108 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has not publicly dated anyone until now.
Race / Ethnicity
She has appeared in the Nestle Munch chocolate ad in 2018.
Best Known For
Her overnight success with her wink in the song “Manikya Malaraya Poovi” of her debut film Oru Adaar Love released in 2018. The 10-second song clip was released in February 2018 which got viral on social media. #PriyaPrakashVarrier started trending on Twitter and Instagram.
Priya’s first theatrical film appearance was in the Malayalam-language romantic comedy film Oru Adaar Love in 2018.
First TV Show
She has not acted on any television show.
She is slim but her workout routine and diet plan are unknown.
Priya Prakash Varrier Favorite Things
Source – Times Now News, India TV News
Priya Prakash Varrier Facts
- Priya never imagined that her eye wink before her debut theatrical film release in 2018 would become an instant hit on the Internet.
- Her wink in the film Oru Adaar Love was not planned. It was an impromptu reaction by her when she was told by the director to perform an eyebrow thing and wink with her film hero.
- Before her 2018 Malayalam film, she had already appeared in 3 short films including Kadalasu Thoni and Third Flip.
- She was 18 at the time she appeared in her debut film in 2018.
- She is trained in Mohiniyattam (classical dance form).
- Within a day of making an account on Instagram, Priya added 600,000 followers. With each passing day, she was adding a couple of hundred thousand (lakhs) followers which increased her total follower count to beyond 3 million by February 14, 2018.
- She instantly became nation’s new crush on Valentine’s 2018 after her raising eyebrow and wink video became viral.
- She started her career with fashion modeling and had walked the ramp during Aiswaryarani 2017 fashion show apart from others.
- Before her theatrical film debut, she also took part in beauty pageants.
- She knows Malayalam, English and Hindi languages.
- After her wink video became viral, she started getting tons of requests from boys for a date on Valentine’s 2018.
- In February 2018, she was embroiled into controversy when Muslim youth from Hyderabad filed a case against her and the makers of the song “Manikya Malaraya Poovi” for hurting their feelings. It was filed at Falaknuma Police Station. According to the Muslim youth, the song’s lyrics were linked to Prophet’s life which negatively affected the Muslim community.
- Connect with Priya Prakash Varrier on Facebook and Instagram.
Featured Image by Priya Prakash Varrier / Instagram