Priya Prakash Varrier
Punkunnam, Thrissur, Kerala, India
Thrissur, Kerala, India
As of 2018, she was doing B. Com degree in her first year from all-girls’ college named Vimala College, Thrissur.
- Father – Prakash Varrier (Works in Central Excise)
- Mother – Preetha Varrier (Housewife)
- Siblings – Prasiddh Varrier (Younger Brother)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
49 kg or 108 pounds
Race / Ethnicity
She has appeared in the Nestle Munch chocolate ad in 2018.
Priya has advertised for Vesta Ice-creams through her social media.
Best Known For
Her overnight success with her wink in the song “Manikya Malaraya Poovi” of her debut film Oru Adaar Love, which was released in 2018. The 10-second song clip was released in February 2018 which got viral on social media. #PriyaPrakashVarrier started trending on Twitter and Instagram.
Priya’s first theatrical film appearance was in the Malayalam-language romantic comedy film Oru Adaar Love in 2018.
Priya Prakash Varrier Favorite Things
Priya Prakash Varrier Facts
- Priya never imagined that her eye wink before her debut theatrical film release in 2018 would become an instant hit on the Internet.
- Her wink in the film Oru Adaar Love was not planned. It was an impromptu reaction by her when she was told by the director to perform an eyebrow thing and wink with her film hero.
- Before her 2018 Malayalam film, she had already appeared in 3 short films including Kadalasu Thoni and Third Flip.
- She was 18 at the time she appeared in her debut film in 2018.
- She is trained in Mohiniyattam (a classical dance form).
- Within a day of making an account on Instagram, Priya added 600,000 followers. With each passing day, she was adding a couple of hundred thousand (lakhs) followers which increased her total follower count to beyond 3 million by February 14, 2018.
- She instantly became the nation’s new crush on Valentine’s 2018 after her raising eyebrow and wink video became viral.
- She started her career with fashion modeling and had walked the ramp during Aiswaryarani 2017 fashion show apart from others.
- Before her theatrical film debut, she also took part in beauty pageants.
- She knows Malayalam, English, and Hindi languages.
- After her wink video became viral, she started getting tons of requests from boys for a date on Valentine’s 2018.
- In February 2018, she was embroiled in controversy when Muslim youth from Hyderabad filed a case against her and the makers of the song “Manikya Malaraya Poovi” for hurting their feelings. It was filed at Falaknuma Police Station. According to the Muslim youth, the song’s lyrics were linked to Prophet’s life which negatively affected the Muslim community.
Featured Image by Priya Prakash Varrier / Instagram