|Daniel Humm Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1976|
Daniel Humm is a Swiss chef and restaurant owner who is widely known for having been the co-owner and executive chef of New York City-based eateries such as The NoMad and the 3 Michelin-star-rated Eleven Madison Park. He is the recipient of many accolades like the James Beard Foundation Award in 2012 for “Outstanding Chef”. Daniel has massed more than 600k followers on Instagram.
Chef, Restaurant owner
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Geneen Wright – He married Geneen Wright. They eventually got divorced. They have 3 kids together namely Vivienne, Colette, and Justine.
- Demi Moore (2022-Present) – In March 2022, it was reported that he was dating actress and filmmaker Demi Moore.
Race / Ethnicity
- Thin lips
- Sharp nose
Daniel Humm Favorite Things
- Event – TCS New York City Marathon having loved the sport and thoroughly enjoyed participating in it
Source – Instagram
Daniel Humm Facts
- He has recalled that he had been exposed to a range of food at a very young age and that he started working in kitchens at the age of 14. From there, he went on to spend time in some of the finest Swiss hotels and eateries, before acquiring his first Michelin star when he was 24 years old.
- In 2003, he had relocated to the United States in order to become the executive chef at Campton Place in San Francisco, where he had attained four stars from the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Daniel has recollected the time he had first come to the US, when he had not been fluent in English, with two suitcases and a handful of dollars in his pocket. He has felt blessed to have succeeded and been able to live his version of the American dream in New York. He has added that it has, however, involved an enormous amount of work.
- Daniel has cherished surfing in Montauk.
- He has had close friends in India and has a special spot in his heart for the country. He has disclosed that his visits to India have deeply influenced him and his path in life.
- Humm has revealed that in the morning, he has often run many miles in Central Park.
- On a normal working day, from half eleven in the morning up until around midnight, he has been in Eleven Madison Park. In the evening at around 6 p.m., when service has begun he has visited his other restaurant, The NoMad as he has preferred to be present there as well. Once a week, he has gone to Union Square Greenmarket to meet the producers and find out the new items.
- Daniel has wanted his cuisine to be focused on locally sourced ingredients, with a priority on simplicity, purity, and seasonal flavors.
- Daniel has believed that restaurateurs must inspire the staff by making them learn something new every day. Then, there should be investing in the team in order to keep the good people. He has tried to develop a culture of togetherness where people feel they are also contributing something special to the bigger picture. He has seen that the old-school concept of “motivation through fear” has not worked any longer as young people have not wanted that. Daniel has observed that the team and cooperation are what it takes to make the success.
Featured Image by Daniel Humm / Instagram