|Laurene Powell Jobs Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 6, 1963|
Laurene Powell Jobs is an American businesswoman, socialite, and philanthropist who is the founder and chairperson of Emerson Collective, a for-profit corporation that supports social entrepreneurs focused on education, immigration reform, the environment, media/journalism, and health. Through the corporation, she owns The Atlantic (an American magazine and multi-platform publisher) and a stake in Axios (an American news website). She is also the co-founder and chairperson of XQ Institute, a non-profit organization that develops programs to improve high school education in the United States. Besides, in October 2011, Laurene inherited the ‘Steven P. Jobs Trust’ which, in May 2013, had a 7.3% stake in The Walt Disney Company, and 38.5 million shares of Apple Inc.
West Milford, Passaic County, New Jersey, United States
Palo Alto, Santa Clara County, California, United States
Laurene, after her high school graduation, had joined the University of Pennsylvania, a private Ivy League research university in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. From the university’s School of Arts and Sciences (also known as SAS), she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science.
In 1985, from the aforementioned university’s Wharton Business School, she graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in economics. In 1991, she attained her MBA degree from the Stanford Graduate School of Business, the graduate business school of Stanford University, a private research university in Stanford, California.
Businesswoman, Socialite, Philanthropist
- Father – Her father, a pilot, passed away in a plane crash when she was 3 years old.
- Siblings – Brad Powell (Brother), Tracy Powell (Sister)
- Others – Abdulfattah Jandali (Father-in-Law), Joanne Carole Schieble (Mother-in-Law), George Simpson (Step-Father-in-Law) (Ice Skating Teacher), Roscille Colburn-Jandali (Step-Mother-in-Law), Mona Simpson (née Jandali) (Sister-in-Law) (Novelist), Richard Appel (TV Writer, Producer, Former Attorney) (Brother-in-Law), Gabriel Appel (Nephew-in-Law), Grace Appel (Niece-in-Law), Malek Jandali (Cousin-in-Law) (Pianist, Composer), Bassma Al Jandaly (Cousin-in-Law) (Journalist), Arthur Casper Anthony Schieble (Grandfather-in-Law), Irene Thekla Ziegler (Grandmother-in-Law)
In September 2022, Laurene Powell Jobs and her family’s net worth was $12.7 billion according to Forbes.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Laurene has dated –
- Steve Jobs (1989-2011) – Laurene first met entrepreneur and business magnate Steve Jobs (the co-founder, chairman, and CEO of Apple Inc.) in October 1989 while he was giving a lecture at the Stanford Graduate School of Business. She was one of the students there and he fell in love with her. After the lecture, Steve met her in the parking lot and asked her out for a dinner. He proposed to Laurene on New Year’s Day in 1990 with a bunch of freshly picked wildflowers. On March 18, 1991, the couple got married in a Buddhist Ceremony held at the Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite National Park, California. At the end of the ceremony, they went for a hike. The couple had 3 children together – a son named Reed Jobs (b. September 22, 1991) and 2 daughters named Erin Siena Jobs (b. August 19, 1995) and Eve Jobs (b. July 9, 1998) (Equestrian, Model). The couple was together until Steve’s death on October 5, 2011. Laurene is the stepmother of Lisa Brennan-Jobs (b. May 1978) (Writer), Steve’s daughter from a past relationship with Chrisann Brennan. In 2018, Laurene stated that the book Small Fry, authored by Lisa, contained false information about Steve’s behavior as a father.
- Adrian Fenty (2013-2015)
- Daniel Humm (2019–2020) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, wavy hair
- Gleaming face
- Affable smile
Laurene Powell Jobs Facts
- Laurene, before joining a business school, used to work for Merrill Lynch Asset Management, a subsidiary of Merrill Lynch & Co., a publicly-traded American investment bank.
- She had also spent 3 years as a fixed-income trading strategist at Goldman Sachs, an American multinational investment bank and financial services company.
- In 1997, she co-founded College Track, a non-profit organization aimed at improving high school graduation, college enrollment, and college graduation rates for underprivileged students.
- She is the co-founder of a natural foods company called Terravera which operated across Northern California. She had also served on the board of directors of Achieva, an organization that created online tools to help students study more effectively for standardized testing.
- In 2017, Laurene acquired a 20% stake in the ownership group of Monumental Sports & Entertainment, a firm that owns/co-owns the Washington Wizards (professional basketball team), the Washington Capitals (professional ice hockey team), and the Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. The move made her the 2nd-largest shareholder in the group.
- She is a founding member of the Climate Leadership Council, a bipartisan non-profit organization that advocates for a carbon fee and dividends policy that would tax carbon emissions and refund all the money to Americans in payments of approximately USD 2k each year for a family of 4.
Featured Image by Laurene Powell Jobs / Instagram