|Rachel Skarsten Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 23, 1985|
Rachel Skarsten is a Canadian actress who is best known for playing the role of Dinah Lance in the American TV drama series, Birds of Prey, as well as her role as Tamsin in the supernatural drama series, Lost Girl. Rachel was also cast as Elizabeth I of England, a role which brought her many positive reviews, in the historical romantic drama series, Reign. She has also been a part of various other TV shows and movies such as Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer, Virginia’s Run, American Pie Presents Beta House, Two Hands to Mouth, Fifty Shades of Grey, Molly’s Game, Angels in the Infield, Category 7: The End of the World, Made… The Movie, The L.A. Complex, Transporter: The Series, Beauty & the Beast, In My Dreams, Wynonna Earp, Marry Me At Christmas, and Imposters. Rachel Skarsten also has an adventurous streak and loves traveling a lot. Rachel comes from a very well-educated family and she herself is someone who takes education very seriously. She has also garnered a major social media fan base with her acting finesse and has more than 100k followers on Twitter and more than 350k followers on Instagram.
Rachel Alice Marie Skarsten
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Rachel divides her time between her residences in –
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
From grades 4 to 8, Rachel Skarsten went to the Claude Watson School for the Arts and majored in Visual Arts and the Cello. She also took lessons at the Royal Academy of Dance for 12 years. Then, from grades 9 to 12, she studied in Claude Watson Arts Program at Earl Haig Secondary School and majored in Visual Arts in the top 10% of her class and was also acknowledged as an Ontario Scholar.
Skarsten also has a double degree in English Literature and Classical Studies which she attained from Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario.
- Father – Dr. Stan Skarsten
- Mother – Mary Aileen (née Self)
- Siblings – Jonathan Skarsten (Younger Brother)
- Others – Russell Thomas Treverton Self (Maternal Grandfather), James Harvey /Hargreaves Self (Maternal Great Grandfather), Elizabeth Adeline Caldwell (Maternal Great Grandmother), Alice Gleason (Maternal Grandmother), Irwin Thompson Gleason (Maternal Great Grandfather), Mary Ida Smith (Maternal Great Grandmother)
Rachel Skarsten is represented by Primary Wave Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachel Skarsten has dated –
- Alexandre Robicquet – Rachel is in a relationship with A.I. Stanford Researcher and Crossing Minds founder, Alexandre Robicquet. They have been together for a while now and often flaunt their love on social media by sharing their loved up pictures.
Race / Ethnicity
Rachel Skarsten has Norwegian roots on her father’s side and is of English and Scottish descent on her mother’s side.
- Lean physique
- Deep set eyes
- Jolly and adventurous personality
Rachel Skarsten has either endorsed or promoted a number of brands like Ramy Brook.
Best Known For
- Appearing in a variety of roles in several movies like Virginia’s Run (2002) as Caroline Lofton, Fear of the Dark (2003) as Heather Fontaine, Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer (2007) as Eve, American Pie Presents Beta House (2007) as Sharon, Servitude (2011) as Alex, Two Hands to Mouth (2012) as Leah Whitefield, In My Dreams (2014) as Jessa, Fifty Shades of Grey (2015) as Andrea, Molly’s Game (2017) as Leah, and Acquainted (2018) as Claire
- Having been cast in a number of TV shows like The Famous Jett Jackson (1998) as Mickey Twitty, Little Men (1998-1999) as Elizabeth “Bess” Lawrence, Twice in a Lifetime (2000) as Julie Adams, Screech Owls (2001) as Suki Sutherland, Tracker (2002) as Jamie Swenson /Lontoria, Birds of Prey (2002-2003) as Dinah Lance, Missing (2003) as Brittney Moore, Category 7: The End of the World (2005) as Lyra Duffy, Flashpoint (2011) as Natalie Braddock, The Listener (2011-2012) as Elyse, The L.A. Complex (2012) as Roxanne, Transporter: The Series (2012) as Delia, Lost Girl (2013-2015) as Tamsin, Reign (2015-2017) as Elizabeth of England, Wynonna Earp (2017) as Eliza Shapiro, and Imposters (2018) as Poppy Langmore
Rachel Skarsten made her first theatrical film appearance as Caroline Lofton in the family drama coming-of-age drama film, Virginia’s Run, in 2002. She co-starred alongside Irish actor Gabriel Byrne and American actress Lindze Letherman.
First TV Show
Rachel Skarsten made her first TV show appearance as Mickey Twitty in an episode, titled Vootle-Muck-a-Heev, of the action-adventure comedy series, The Famous Jett Jackson, in November 1998.
Rachel Skarsten stays in shape by maintaining an active and healthy lifestyle. She eats meals filled with nutrients and mostly sticks to a clean diet. However, she does not hold herself back from indulging in treats every now and then as what matters more to her is the inner beauty rather than the facade.
Rachel Skarsten Favorite Things
- Place On Earth – Her family’s house in Bergen, Norway
- Writers – C.S. Lewis, Shakespeare, Leo Tolstoy, George Eliot, John Steinbeck, Søren Kierkegaard, Ovid
- Book – The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis, Hamlet by Shakespeare
- Experience While Working In Fifty Shades of Grey – Working with director Sam Taylor-Johnson
- Activity – Sitting in the shower
- One Of Her Favorite Destinations – Iceland
Source – RunwayLive.com
Rachel Skarsten Facts
- She grew up with Norse stories and mythology.
- She took her first step as well as spoke her first word in her family’s house in Bergen, Norway.
- During her early years, Rachel Skarsten was majorly into dance and also trained with Canada’s Royal Academy of Dance for over a decade. However, her further pursuits in the artform were disrupted as she suffered from an ankle injury.
- As her hopes of pursuing dance as a career shattered, she turned to hockey and became a goalie for the Leaside Wildcats in Toronto, Ontario and also won the Toronto City Championships in 2002.
- She has also traveled a lot and has done backpacking around western Europe especially between 2003 and 2008 when she took a break to concentrate on her personal life as well as her studies.
- Everyone in her family is highly educated. That was one of the reasons why Rachel took a short break from acting during her initial years to study at Queen’s University.
- She was discovered by an agent at a memorial service for her father.
- Rachel Skarsten has worked with organizations like The Labelle Foundation and Tee Sorge.
- She is an avid reader and has read The Chronicles of Narnia series around 20 times.
- She enjoys drawing and playing the cello during her free time.
- Skarsten is also a major trampoline athlete and enjoys playing the piccolo as well.
- In times when she feels tired or stressed or upset, she either tries to calm herself down by taking a long shower or by walking her dog.
- She has adopted a pit bull named Maddy.
- When she is not shooting, she prefers to go around without wearing much makeup.
- Rachel Skarsten wants her fans, especially young girls, to treasure qualities such as intelligence, playfulness, happiness, strength, conviction, and grace.
- If she were to choose a superpower for herself, she would choose the power to teleport because as she travels a lot, the time she has to spend sitting in planes feels like a total waste to her.
- Although she loves traveling anywhere and everywhere, Rachel is a bit inclined towards destinations that include beaches because she loves to swim.
- She can speak Norwegian as well as English.
- Visit her official website @ rachelskarsten.com.
- Follow Rachel Skarsten on Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Featured Image by -nickon- / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0