|Ramona Gilmour-Darling Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||1975|
Ramona Gilmour-Darling is a Canadian actress, singer, and dancer who has appeared as Loonette the Clown on the children’s television series The Big Comfy Couch. Her parts in the plays and musicals have added to her career as an actress and include playing Eponine in Les Misérables, Anne in Anne of Green Gables and Kitty in The Drowsy Chaperone.
Ramona Gilmour-Darling was born in 1975.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ramona Gilmour-Darling graduated with Honors in Choral Music and Music for Children in Music Education from McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Actress, Singer, Choreographer, Assistant Director, Arts Educator
- Mother – Brenda Darling (Worked in Theatre)
- Siblings – Rev. Alexa Gilmour (Sister) (Minister at Windermere United Church)
Ramona Gilmour-Darling is managed by Penny Noble, Talent Agent, Noble Caplan Abrams, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Pop, Musical, Religious
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ramona Gilmour-Darling has dated –
- Sandy Thorburn – Ramona is married to a Canadian composer and music arranger, Sandy Thorburn. They have a son named Sasha Thorburn. Not much is known about their relationship. However, in mid-2015, Sandy was pronounced to 3 years and 6 months prison sentence on charges of several sex offenses with young minor girls.
Race / Ethnicity
- High forehead
- Curly hair
- Pointed chin
Ramona Gilmour-Darling has sung a solo jingle for Kellogg’s Corn Flakes commercial.
Best Known For
- Playing the character as Loonette the Clown on The Big Comfy Couch, a Canadian children’s television series from 2002 to 2006
- Her stage presence as leading lady in many plays such The Secret Garden (2001), Anne of Green Gables (2005), The Beggar’s Opera (2006), Les Misérables and in The Drowsy Chaperone at the Thousand Islands Playhouse
As a Singer
She has shared videos of her singing She’s Got A Way by Billy Joel and I Call It Home by David Archibald on Facebook.
First TV Show
In 2006, she made her first TV show appearance in The Big Comfy Couch series as Loonette.
Ramona Gilmour-Darling Favorite Things
- Song From Children’s Film – “Part of Your World” from The Little Mermaid (1989), and all songs from Annie (1982)
Ramona Gilmour-Darling Facts
- As a child, she loved performing arts starting with the musical film Annie (1982).
- She has worked in the Canadian animated series Jacob Two-Two as an assistant director.
- She has worked and performed at the Thousand Islands Playhouse in Gananoque, Canada, and at Persephone Theatre in Saskatoon.
- Ramona got cast on The Big Comfy Couch as Loonette the Clown after Alyson Court (the original Loonette the Clown got pregnant) in 2006.
- She has choreographed musicals like Forever Plaid (Victoria Playhouse Petrolia); Little Shop of Horrors and Suds at the T.I.P.
- She has also directed musicals like Nobody’s Idol at Toronto Fringe Festival and Weightless at New Ideas Festival.
- Apart from that, Ramona teaches drama and runs a youth choir.
- Ramona also works at Studio 180 as an Artist Educator.
- Follow her on Facebook.
Featured Image by Ramona Gilmour-Darling / Facebook