|Ravi Teja Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 26, 1968|
Ravi Teja is an Indian actor who has appeared in numerous Telugu-language films and is especially known for his work in movies in the action-comedy genre. He is widely regarded as one of the most popular actors in the Telugu film industry and has been among the highest-paid actors in India, making it to Forbes India‘s list of ‘Top 100 Highest Earning Celebrities’ for 4 years in succession – from 2012 to 2015. Before starting his acting journey, he had worked as an assistant director for several Telugu films. Apart from his prolific acting work, he has contributed as a vocalist in films such as Balupu (2013), Power (2014), Raja the Great (2017), and Disco Raja (2020).
Ravi Shankar Raju Bhupatiraju
Ravi Teja, Mass Raja, Mirapakay
Jaggampeta, East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh, India
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Ravi did his schooling from several institutions in Jaipur, Delhi, Mumbai, and Bhopal as his father used to move often due to the nature of his work. He eventually completed his high school graduation from N.S.M. Public School in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh. He then attained a Bachelor of Arts degree from Siddhartha Degree College in Vijayawada.
- Father – Bhupatiraju Rajgopal Raju (Pharmacist)
- Mother – Rajya Lakshmi Bhupatiraju
- Siblings – Bharath Raju (Younger Brother) (Actor) (d. June 24, 2017), Raghu Raju (Younger Brother) (Actor)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ravi has dated –
- Kalyani Teja (2002-Present) – Ravi got married to Kalyani Teja in 2002. They have 2 children together, a daughter named Mokshadha Bhupatiraju (b. 2003) and a son named Mahadhan Bhupatiraju (b. 2006).
Race / Ethnicity
- Affable smile
- Sports a thick mustache
- Wears ear studs
- Tousled, overgrown hair
Ravi has endorsed brands such as –
- Lunar footwear
- Lord & Master
Ravi Teja Facts
- He had moved to Chennai in 1988 to begin a career in films. There, he used to share a room with future film directors YVS Chowdary and Gunasekhar.
- Although he has primarily made his name in Telugu films, his first-ever acting job, though uncredited, was in the 1990 Kannada language film Abhimanyu. In 1992, he had another uncredited role in the Hindi-language film Aaj Ka Goonda Raj which had starred Chiranjeevi and was the Telugu star’s 2nd Bollywood film.
- He won the Nandi ‘Special Jury Award’ for his work in the films Nee Kosam (1999) and Khadgam (2002). He won the Nandi Award for ‘Best Actor’ for his work in the 2008 film Neninthe.
- After the release of the 2015 film Bengal Tiger, he took a break from acting and took a sabbatical for almost a year. He marked his return with the 2017 film Raja the Great.
Featured Image by Ravi Teja / Instagram