|Rey Mysterio Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||December 11, 1974|
Rey Mysterio is a successful American professional wrestler of Mexican descent. He has many titles to his name including WCW World Cruiserweight Championship, WCW World Tag Team Championship, WCW World Cruiserweight Tag Team Championship, WWE Tag Team Championship, and WWE Cruiserweight Championship. He follows the Lucha Libre style of wrestling having gotten his training from his uncle Rey Misterio Sr. At the age of 14, under the ring name “La Lagartija Verde (The Green Lizard)” and “Colibrí (Hummingbird)” Rey began wrestling in Mexico.
Óscar Gutiérrez Rubio
Rey Mysterio, Lil’ Rey, Rey Rey, Flying Fury
Chula Vista, California, United States
San Diego, California, United States
- Father – Roberto Gutierrez Sr.
- Mother – Maria del Rosario
- Siblings – Roberto Gutiérrez (Brother), Luis Gutiérrez (Brother), Lalo Gutiérrez (Brother)
- Others – Metalika (Cousin), Rey Misterio Sr. (Uncle) (Wrestler), Rey Misterio Heredero (Cousin)
Rey Mysterio can be reached at WWE Performance Center.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rey Mysterio has dated –
- Angie Gutiérrez – Rey was in a relationship with Angie Gutiérrez. The couple tied the knot on May 11, 1996. They are blessed with two children – a son named Dominic Gutierrez (b. 1997) and a daughter named Aalyah Gutierrez (b. 2001).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Mexican descent.
- Toned body
- Often wears a mask with a large cross on top
Rey Mysterio has either endorsed or promoted brands like –
- Surge soft drinks
- Nutrition Solutions
- 1st Phorm
Best Known For
Being a WWE wrestler with much agility and perfecting the 619 (Tiger Feint Kick) trademark move. Also, he is recognized as the Royal Rumble match winner and for headlining numerous major WWE pay-per-view events.
First Wrestling Match
He made his wrestling debut in Mexico, on April 30, 1989, at age 14.
In 2000, he made his theatrical film debut in a cameo appearance on the comedy sports film Ready to Rumble.
First TV Show
In 1995, he made his first TV show appearance on the sports action series Eastern Championship Wrestling.
Rey Mysterio takes his fitness very seriously and works out almost every day. Rey likes to mix his workout routine and insist on being consistent with fitness and diet for the best result. Here is Rey’s 619 pm workout program –
- Warm-Up: Prone shoulder T-row press of 3 Sets / 12 reps
- Round One: Incline dumbbell fly of 3 Sets / 12 Reps
- Round Two: Dip crazy AMRAP for 10 mins
- Round Three: Standing incline cable fly of 3 Sets / 12 Reps
- Round Four: Chin-ups of 4 sets AMRAP
- Round Five: Core exercise of 30 crunches, followed by 30 ball crunches and 1 min plank
As for his diet, Rey maintains a clean and high protein diet.
Rey Mysterio Favorite Things
- Actor – Al Pacino
- Films – Scarface (1983), Heat (1995), Nacho Libre (2006)
- Wrestler To Work With In Mexico – Psicosis
- Song In Spanish – Tengo Todo Excepto a Ti by Luis Miguel
- Dish Growing Up – Liver with Onions (higado encebollado)
- Cheat Meal – Tacos de carne asada with cilantro and cebolla
- Comic Character Outfit – The Joker at Wrestle Mania 25
- Work Out Song – All Eyes On Me by Tupac Shakur
Rey Mysterio Facts
- He started training to be a professional wrestler from a young age.
- Some of his prominent tattoos include his children’s names on his biceps, his wife’s name, and the initials EG for his good friend late wrestler Eddie Guerrero. Also, as a religious person, he has numerous religious tattoos on his body, and the most prominent one is the rosary with the cross on his chest.
- He was one of the original members of The Filthy Animals and No Limit Soldiers.
- He came to be known as Giant Killer for pinning down wrestlers who weighed over 315 pounds like Kevin Nash, Scott Norton, and Bam Bam Bigelow.
- Rey Mysterio Sr. and Jr. won the WWA World Tag Team titles in 1995 after defeating Villano IV and V.
- He grew up eating Chocolate Abuelita.
- Visit his official website @ www.winwithrey.com.
Featured Image by Reckless Dream Photography / Flickr / CC BY-2.0