|Rhys Wakefield Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10¾ in|
|Date of Birth||November 20, 1988|
Rhys Wakefield is an Australian actor, film director, and screenwriter who is famously known for his role as Lucas Holden in the long-running Australian series Home and Away where he acted in 363 episodes. He won the acting scholarship at McDonald College of Performing Arts in 2003 and was able to perform with the Australian Ballet and Opera in Australia. While on the cast of Home And Away, he was drawn into a contentious storyline that the Australian broadcasting regulator re-classified the series as PG because they determined that scenes had violated the Australian broadcasting code.
Rhys was the lead character in James Cameron’s 2011 disaster survival thriller, Sanctum. He starred in HBO’s 3rd season of True Detective (2014), an American crime drama that is a creation of and written by Nic Pizzolatto. He played the polite leader in the American action horror The Purge, which is a franchise consisting of 4 films and a television series. Rhys was one of the lead characters in the Australian comedy-drama The Black Balloon in 2008 with fellow co-stars Toni Collette, Luke Ford, Erik Thomson, and Gemma Ward. His directorial debut for a feature film is the comedy 2009 horror movie Berserk that he co-starred in along with Nick Cannon, James Roday, Nora Arnezeder, and Jack Falahee.
He has also performed in short films such as The Mirror and Clearing the Air in 2008 and Scent in 2009 among others. He co-wrote and directed the short film A Man Walks Into a Bar in 2013 that was a finalist of the Tropfest International Short Film Festival in Sydney, Australia, in 2013.
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
Rhys Wakefield attended The McDonalds College of Performing Arts, Sydney.
Actor, Producer, Director, Screenwriter
- Father – Chris Wakefield (Naval Officer)
- Mother – Elizabeth Wakefield (Medical Standards Officer)
- Siblings – Luke Wakefield (Brother)
Rhys Wakefield is managed by –
- Anonymous Content (Talent Management Company), California, United States
- ICM Partners (Talent Agent), Los Angeles, California, United States
- Grandview (Manager), Los Angeles, California, United States
- Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern (Legal Representative), Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 10¾ in or 179.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rhys Wakefield has dated –
- Indiana Evans (2006) – Rhys Wakefield dated Indiana Evans, an Australian actress for 9 months in 2006. Rhys Wakefield and Indiana Evans acted together in Home and Away together. The two were secretly dating from February of 2006 and announced their relationship publicly at the 2006 TV Week Logies. Later that year, in November they broke up but they still remain friends.
Race / Ethnicity
- Chiseled jaw
- Prominent chin
He hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Acting in films such as The Black Balloon, Sanctum, The Purge, Endless Love, Cardboard Boxer, You Get Me, among others
- Appearing in TV shows such as Home And Away and True Detective, among others.
- Producing the movie Berserk in 2019
- Writing, directing, and editing the 2013 short film A Man Walks Into a Bar
Rhys Wakefield made his theatrical film debut as a dancing kid in the 2000 film Bootmen. However, he was uncredited for his role.
He made his credited theatrical film debut as Thomas Mollison in The Black Balloon in 2008.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut as Brad in episodes 11 and 12 on Don’t Blame Me (Don’t Blame the Koalas) in 2002.
No much information exists on Rhys Wakefields personal fitness regime but some of his roles have required a certain level of fitness that requires him to train whether in the gym, swimming or outdoors.
Rhys Wakefield Favorite Things
- Movies – The Burbs (1989), The Goonies (1985)
- TV Series – We Can Be Heroes
- Bands – Acceptance, The Black Eyed Peas, Coldplay, Green Day, Oasis, The Whitlams
- Songs – Blow Up The Pokies by The Whitlams
- Book – The Hobbit
- Place – Thailand
Source – IMDb
Rhys Wakefield Facts
- He is an Australian actor whose rise to fame came from his role in the long aired Australian television series Home And Away. His starring role in the daytime series was in 363 episodes.
- He attended The McDonalds College of Performing Arts in Sydney as did well-known Australians in the entertainment industry, such as Nikki Webster, Bojana Novakovic, Josh Quong Tart, Sarah Murdoch, and many others.
- For the film Sanctum (2007), Rhys did some deep water training and was able to increase the time he can hold his breath from 45 seconds to 1 minute and 20 seconds.
- He also went on a practice dive to swim with sharks between shoots while on holiday in Fiji. He played the lead role in this thriller Sanctum.
- For the 2008 film The Black Balloon, Rhys and Ford, who plays the autism character, had a public foray to the movies and a shopping center to test their roles and assimilate the reactions that people have about autism.
- Rhys played the polite leader in the 2013 movie The Purge.
- He was nominated for “The Most Popular New Male Talent” at the 2006 Logie Awards for his role in Home And Away.
- Rhys was nominated 3 times for his role in The Black Ballo; at 2008 IF Awards for “Best Actor,” at the 2008 Australian Film Institute Awards for “Best Lead Actor,” and at the 2009 Film Critics Circle of Australia Awards for “Best Actor.”
- The Black Balloon premiered at the 2008 Berlin International Film Festival in Germany. It won the “Best feature-length film” and received the Crystal Bear in the “Generation 14 Plus” category.
- He won the 2013 Fright Meter Awards for “Best Supporting Actor” in The Purge.
- His short film A Man Walks Into A Bar which he co-wrote and directed, was a finalist at the 2013 Tropfest International Short Film Festival.
- Rhys wrote the script for and directed the indie film Berserk (2019) in which he also co-stars with Nick Cannon, Nora Arnezeder, and James Roday.
- The 2016 Beverly Hills Film Festival officially selected his screenplay Please Close the Gate. It was also a feature-film finalist at the Cinequest Film Festival Screenwriting competition.
- Rhys Wakefield’s total films as both an actor and a director, have grossed well over two hundred and fifty million dollars ($250,000,000) globally as of 2019.
- He is friends with Jessica Tovey, Bobby Morley and with Indiana Evans, with whom he had a brief romantic entanglement in 2006.
- He loves the outdoors and water.
- Follow his fan page on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Rhys Wakefield Fan Page / Instagram