|Rich Froning Jr Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 21, 1987|
Rich Froning Jr. is an American professional CrossFit athlete who became the first person to win the title of “Fittest Man on Earth” four times with his first-place finish in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 CrossFit Games. Known for his many achievements in the CrossFit Games he led a team from CrossFit Mayhem to the first-place finish in the Team category in the CrossFit Games in 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, and 2021. Unlike many other CrossFit athletes, he does not adhere to the Paleolithic diet or Zone diet as well as prefers not to take days off from training.
Rich Froning Jr.
Mount Clemens, Michigan, United States
Cookeville, Tennessee, United States
Rich Froning Jr. went to Cookeville High School and finished it in 2005. He then got admission at the Walters State Community College on a baseball scholarship. However, soon after he abandoned the ambitions of pursuing a baseball career.
He later got admission to the Tennessee Technological University and continued his college studies. He studied exercise science at Tennessee Tech.
- Siblings – Kayla Froning (Sister)
His net worth has been $5 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rich Froning Jr. has dated –
- Hillary Froning – Rich met Hillary Froning while getting a haircut done at a local barbershop. They started talking and eventually added each other to their Facebook network. Soon, they were going out and about a year later, they got married. In 2015, they decided to adopt a baby girl, Lakelyn. They expanded their family to four in May 2017 after they adopted a boy, whom they named Richard Lyle Froning III. The duo has adopted one more daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
- Ripped physique
- Slight beard
Rich Froning Jr. had done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Crossfit Mayhem
- Rogue Fitness
He has also used his strong social media presence to promote other products and brands as well.
Best Known For
Being one of the most accomplished and successful CrossFit athletes. He managed to secure 4 consecutive first-place finishes at the CrossFit games in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
First TV Show
In 2011, Rich Froning Jr. made his first TV show appearance in the Open Cookeville episode of the sports show, Fitness Truth.
Rich Froning has a very grueling workout regime in place to keep himself in the best shape possible for the CrossFit games. He sometimes goes for multiple workouts in a single day. He also hasn’t hired any personal trainer and instead, relies on working out with training partners to get the most out of his workouts.
His exercise sessions can sometimes stretch out for 2 hours. He focuses on going for big lifts but stays away from isolation movements. Rich also makes sure that his workouts are done at high tempo and intensity. He has also set up a gym at his home so that he can squeeze in small workouts.
He is not a fan of many diets such as the Paleolithic diet and Zone diet that are popular with CrossFit athletes. In fact, he doesn’t have any fixed diet plan in place and instead prefers to listen to his body. During the day, he avoids eating a lot of food and reserves dinner for the biggest meal of the day. Overall, he eats a lot of peanut butter and loves drinking whole milk.
Rich Froning Jr. Favorite Things
- Superhero – Batman, Captain America
Source – Muscle and Fitness
Rich Froning Jr. Facts
- He got hooked on CrossFit while he was working on his undergraduate degree. His professor had shown him a couple of CrossFit videos, he tried those and followed it up by converting his dad’s barn into his home gym.
- While studying in high school, he excelled in baseball and was an all-region, all-district 2nd baseman.
- He officially started competing in CrossFit competitions in 2010 and managed to finish as a runner-up in that year’s CrossFit Games.
- He holds the distinction of being the first CrossFit athlete to have won the title of Fittest Man on Earth on 4 occasions.
- In his hometown of Cookeville, he has started a CrossFit Mayhem gym.
- In 2013, he released his autobiographical book, First: What It Takes to Win, in which he gave some health and fitness tips as well. He followed it with Froning: The Fittest Man in History in 2015.
- While participating in the 2010 CrossFit games, he suffered a lower back injury.
- He has a membership of the CrossFit Level 1 Seminar Staff.
- In his free time, he loves to indulge in outdoor activities such as hunting.
- He once said, “It’s not necessarily that I like to win, but I hate losing more.”
Featured Image by Lance Cpl. Derrick K. Irions / Wikimedia / Public Domain