|Alan Bersten Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 26, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Alan Bersten is an American professional dancer and choreographer who has a specialty in ballroom dancing. He is well known for appearing as a professional dancer on Dancing With The Stars. He was one of the top 6 contestants in the 10th season of the dance television series produced by FOX, So You Think You Can Dance. On Dancing With The Stars, he was a professional dancer and then became a professional mentor on the spin-off of the series, Dancing With The Stars: Juniors. On the spin-off series, Alan became a winning mentor for his work there.
He has won several titles due to his very diverse style of dancing and has also gotten the opportunity to display and act in various films and television shows, thus broadening his career. Some of the TV shows that he has acted in include Sanders Shorts (2013), Home & Family (2018), Access Hollywood Live (2017), Las Vegas Morning Blend (2019), and To the Pointe with Kristyn Burtt (2019). He has worked with other talented individuals such as J.T. Church and Sky Brown.
Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States
Alan Bersten attended Hopkins High School in Minnetonka, Minnesota, a southwestern suburb of Minneapolis in the United States. He then went to the University of Minnesota in Minnesota, United States.
- Siblings – Gene Bersten (Older Brother). He also has an older sister.
Alan Bersten is managed by Bloc Talent (Talent Agency), Los Angeles, United States.
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alan Bersten has dated –
- Paige VanZant (2016) – Paige Michelle VanZant is an American martial artist who competes in the Women’s Strawweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). It was rumored in May 2016 that Paige was in a relationship with Alan. Their relationship ended shortly afterward.
- Alexis Ren (2018) – Alexis Ren is an American model and internet celebrity. In October 2018, Alexis was rumored to be dating Alan. They were seen together on various occasions. They even confirmed the rumors in November 2018. However, later that year, the couple broke up.
- Hannah Brown (2019) – RUMOR
- Gabby Windey (2023) – In March 2023, Alan was rumored to be dating television personality Gabby Windey after they were seen together on a date in Beverly Hills.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Fade haircut
- Little facial hairs
- Wide smile
Best Known For
- Being one of the top 6 contestants on the 10th season of the FOX television series So You Think You Can Dance
- Being a professional mentor on Dancing with the Stars: Juniors, a spin-off of the Dancing with the Stars series and for becoming the winning mentor of the 1st season of the series
As a Dancer
Alan Bersten began his career as a member of the troupe in Dancing with the Stars in season 20 and continued for 4 consecutive seasons until he made his debut as a professional partner in season 25.
First TV Show
Alan Bersten made his first TV show appearance as Himself on So You Think You Can Dance in 2013.
Alan Bersten Favorite Things
- Show – Seinfeld
- Pets – Dogs
- Food – Gummy Bears
Source – Wikipedia, UsMagazine.com
Alan Bersten Facts
- He began dancing at the age of 7. He tried various dancing styles and succeeded in many of them. His brother taught him to dance better, and his variety of dancing styles earned him several titles.
- In 2018, while on tour with the others on the show Dancing With The Stars, Alan complained of a severe stomach ache and had to go to the hospital. They detected a high level of calcium in his blood and had to run some other tests. It was later found that he had a tumor on his left parathyroid gland which had to be removed through a surgical operation. He was back at his work only a week after the surgery.
- In season 20 of Dancing With The Stars, Alan was only a member of the troupes. This continued for 4 seasons till he officially became a professional partner in season 25.
- When Alan was 16 years old, he drove too fast in the driveway and accidentally slammed the car into the front door. When asked about it, he blamed the snow.
- While Alan was growing up, his favorite show was Seinfeld.
- When he was much younger, he always got bullied by the older ones because he was the youngest.
- He never liked class while he was in the 5th grade, so, he often booked appointments with the nurse each day by faking one sickness or the other.
- Alan Bersten only wore his brother’s old clothes when he was young, so, he would go to his brother’s wardrobe to get new clothes when his brother went shopping for himself.
- The only reason Alan Bersten auditioned for the competition So You Think You Can Dance was because his brother auditioned too. It was a surprise when he actually passed and got in.
- He had his first kiss when he was 9 years old.
- Alan Bersten enjoys watching documentaries. He claims that he can watch any type of documentary as long as there’s something to learn from it.
- He was scared to eat sushi while he was in Japan for a world tour with Burn The Floor.
- Alan always went fishing with his grandfather but was always too scared to remove the fish from the hook after they’d been caught.
- He loves his mother so much that he calls her up to 3 times a day.
- Alan enjoys the company of dogs.
- When he was younger, he went kayaking with his friends on a family vacation. After the trip, they got lost. They had returned to the wrong beach and had gotten the family so worried that the hotel sent a search team out to look for them. After they found them with helicopters, Alan was grounded for the rest of the vacation.
- He enjoys playing chess and even has a chess application on his phone.
- When he was younger, Alan would stomp his feet whenever he didn’t get what he wanted.
- Alan started college while he was in his senior year of high school because he was a part of a program known as the Post Secondary Enrollment Option (P.S.E.O.).
- He is very superstitious. He pulls his right ear 3 times when he sneezes.
- In September 2021, during season 30 of Dancing with the Stars, Alan was partnered with actress Amanda Kloots.
- He has a good memory.
- In the summer of 2016, he had an unplanned trip to Europe. He booked a flight for the next morning and visited Sweden, Germany, and Italy.
- Despite being raised in an area (Minnesota) where there is snow half-year round, he didn’t go skiing or snowboarding.
Featured Image by Alan Bersten / Instagram