|Rob Paulsen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 11, 1956|
Rob Paulsen is an American voice actor, actor, and singer who is known for providing his vocals to a series of characters in various shows, movies, and video games and some of his popular roles include Pinky in Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain, and Wakko’s Wish, Stanley Ipkiss/The Mask in The Mask: Animated Series, and Troubadour in Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers.
Robert Fredrick Paulsen III
Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, United States
Rob Paulsen graduated from Grand Blanc High School in 1974 and then went on to study at the University of Michigan-Flint. However, he later dropped out in order to pursue a career in the entertainment industry.
Voice Actor, Singer, Actor, Director, Writer
- Father – Robert Frederick Paulsen Jr.
- Mother – Lee Paulsen
Rob Paulsen is represented by Sutton-Barth & Vennari, Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rob Paulsen has dated –
- Carol Anne Schnarr (1979-1982) – He married Carol Anne Schnarr in 1979 but the duo divorced in 1982 after being married for just a couple of years.
- Parrish Todd (1983-Present) – In 1983, Rob Paulsen got married to Parrish Todd and they parent a son named Ashton “Ash” Paulsen (b. September 10, 1984).
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Sports a goatee
- Deep-set eyes
Rob Paulsen has done commercial work for –
- Partnership for a Drug-Free America (TV Commercial) (1991)
- GMAC Mortgage.com (Voice) (TV Commercial) (2000)
- Taco Bell
- Domino’s Pizza
- Kentucky Fried Chicken
Rob Paulsen Facts
- He grew up in Grand Blanc, Michigan.
- Initially, Rob Paulsen wanted to become a professional hockey player and idolized Canadian professional ice hockey player, Gordie Howe.
- Other than his original American accent, he sometimes also voices his characters with British, Scottish, and Cockney accents.
- Rob Paulsen was diagnosed with Stage III throat cancer in February 2016 and has undergone treatment.
- For his character Pinky, he was nominated for an Annie Award consecutively for 4 years and won it thrice in 1996, 1997, and 1999. This role also won him the 1999 Daytime Emmy Award.
- Rob Paulsen has been associated with several social organizations and programs including GOALmodels, Camp Will-A-Way, Wounded Warrior Project, and Operation Smile. He has also made contributions to cancer research organizations.
- He once described himself as “a singer who decided to become an actor.”
- Rob has authored a memoir titled Voice Lessons: How a Couple of Ninja Turtles, Pinky, and an Animaniac Saved My Life.
- Rob Paulsen has been friends with Barry Gordon, Cam Clarke, and Townsend Coleman.
- His credits as a director include working on projects like The Gang’s All Here and Talkin’ Toons.
- He has also appeared as a guest on a couple of shows such as Larry King Now, VO Buzz Weekly, and Mothership.
Featured Image by 5of7 / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0