|So Ji-sub Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¾ in|
|Date of Birth||November 4, 1977|
So Ji-sub is a South Korean actor and rapper who is known for his roles in shows and movies like Oh My Venus, We Are Dating Now, The Battleship Island, The Throne, Be with You, Warm and Cozy, Master’s Sun, My Secret Terrius, Something Happened in Bali, Thousand Years of Love, and Phantom. Moreover, he has also tried out his hand at music and has released several EPs and tracks.
Yongsan District, Seoul, South Korea
- Sibling – He has an older sister.
So Ji-sub is represented by 51K Agency.
He has released his music via SBS Contents Hub, 51K, CJ E&M, Kingpin Entertainment, etc.
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
So Ji-sub has dated –
- Jo Jung-eun – He married actress Jo Jung-eun in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
So Ji-sub is of South Korean descent.
- Melancholy eyes
- Toned frame
So Ji-sub has served as the goodwill ambassador of Gangwon Province and was also named the promotional ambassador for cybercrime prevention by the National Police Agency.
So Ji-sub Favorite Things
- One Of His Favorite Comedians – Kim Byung-man
- Number – 51
Source – Wikipedia
So Ji-sub Facts
- He was raised in Incheon.
- His parents divorced when he was quite young.
- Growing up, So Ji-sub was an introvert and felt insecure.
- He was a professional swimmer who won the bronze medal at the Korean National Games.
- So Ji-sub has also tried modeling and once said, “My life was all about swimming and hip-hop music. I did modeling because I wanted to see Kim and also because it was the best way to earn good easy money.” He has been a huge fan of hip-hop star Kim Sung-jae.
- In 2004, he appeared as Kang In-wook in the romantic drama series, Something Happened in Bali, and won the 40th Baeksang Arts Award for “Most Popular Actor (TV)”.
- He began his 2-year mandatory military service on February 28, 2006, and worked with the Mapo District Office as a public officer.
- From 2015 to 2016, he played the role of Kim Young-ho, a personal trainer of Hollywood stars in America where he uses the alias John Kim, in the comedy romantic drama TV series, Oh My Venus, co-starring alongside Shin Min-a. For this role, So Ji-sub won the 2015 KBS Drama Awards for “Top Excellence Award, Actor” and “Best Couple Award” (with Shin Min-a).
- He has appeared in music videos for songs like Smiling Goodbye by Soya n Sun, Goodbye Yesterday by Turbo, and The End by Lee Hyun-woo.
- Over the years, So Ji-sub has released songs and extended plays including Lonely Life, Corona Borealis, Pick Up Line, and 18 Years.
- He has also published books such as So Ji-sub’s Journey, Only You with So Ji-sub, and SONICe Vol. 1.
Featured Image by Kinocine / Korean Wikipedia / CC BY-SA 3.0