|Robert Sheehan Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||January 7, 1988|
Robert Sheehan is a talented Irish actor renowned for his roles as Nathan Young in Misfits, as Darren in Love/Hate, and as Klaus Hargreeves in The Umbrella Academy. He has also been cast alongside prominent actors in films like Cherrybomb, Season of the Witch, Killing Bono, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, and The Messenger. He has more than 300k followers on Twitter.
Robert Michael Sheehan
Portlaoise, County Laois, Ireland
Los Angeles, California, United States
Robert Sheehan attended the Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT), Ireland. However, he left the course as he got disinterested.
Actor, Voice Actor, Producer
- Father – Joe Sheehan (Member of Garda Síochána, Irish Police Force)
- Mother – Maria Sheehan
- Siblings – Brendan Sheehan (Older Brother) (Mortgage Broker), Shauna Sheehan (Older Sister)
Robert Sheehan is managed by Lisa Richards Agency, Talent Agency, Dublin, Ireland.
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Robert Sheehan has dated –
- Taylor Kranzle – Robert was rumored to be dating German actress Taylor Kranzle in the past.
- Leonie Kranzle (2010) – In 2010, Robert briefly dated German actress Leonie Kranzle, best known of the film Love Pills.
- Sofia Boutella (2014-2018) – In 2014, Robert started dating French-Algerian dancer, model, and actress Sofia Boutella. They met while shooting for the film Jet Trash in Goa, India. Soon after that, the couple was spotted together at numerous events.
Race / Ethnicity
- Curly hair
- Tall height
He hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- His versatile roles in numerous TV shows including Young Blades (2005) as Louis XIV, Rock Rivals (2008) as Addison Teller, Misfits (2009–2010) as Nathan Young, Love/Hate (2010–2013) as Darren, Me and Mrs Jones (2012) as Billy, Fortitude (2017) as Vladek Klimov, The Umbrella Academy (2018) as Klaus Hargreeves, and many more
- Portraying significant roles in the films like Ghostwood (2006) as Tim, Summer of the Flying Saucer (2008) as Danny, Cherrybomb (2009) as Luke, Season of the Witch (2011) as Kay, Killing Bono (2011) as Ivan McCormick, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (2013) as Simon Lewis, The Road Within (2014) as Vincent, Moonwalkers (2015) as Leon, The Messenger (2015) as Jack, and Bad Samaritan (2018) as Sean Falco, among others
In 2009, he made his theatrical film debut in the thriller film Cherrybomb as Luke.
In 2010, he made his debut as a voice actor in the animated adventure family film A Turtle’s Tale: Sammy’s Adventures as the character Ray.
First TV Show
In 2004, he made his first TV show appearance in the adventure fantasy series Foreign Exchange as Cormac MacNamara.
Robert Sheehan Favorite Things
- Film – American Beauty (1999)
- Band – Slaves
Robert Sheehan Facts
- As a child, he used to play the banjo and the bodhrán.
- His mother encouraged him to take up acting and accompanied him to the audition of Song for a Raggy Boy when he was 14 years old.
- In 2011, he was seen in J. M. Synge’s play The Playboy of the Western World produced under John Crowley’s production at the Old Vic Theatre in London.
- If a movie is made based on his life, then he would want Liam Neeson to portray his character in the film.
- If he could eat only 1 food for a month, it would be sushi.
- Robert won the BAFTA award with other cast members of Misfits in the past.
- In 2013, he won the Irish Film and Television Academy Award for “Actor in a Supporting Role – Television” for his role as Darren Treacy in Love/Hate (2010-2013).
- He has also worked as a producer for Jet Trash (2016) and short film Dicky (2017) and as an executive producer for another short film Banshee Betty (2016).
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0