|Robin Finck Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||November 7, 1971|
Robin Finck is an American guitarist who has played for Guns N’ Roses and Nine Inch Nails, rock bands that have both been named in VH1’s list of ‘100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock’. He is well-known for his theatrical appearance and eccentric dance moves while performing and for frequently and radically altering his physical image.
Robert John Finck
Park Ridge, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Robin had attended Walton High School in Marietta, Georgia.
He is represented by Danny Zook, Booking Agent, Alien Music Services, Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
Industrial Rock, Alternative Rock, Hard Rock
- Geffen Records
- Interscope Records
- Nothing Records
- The Null Corporation
- Varese Sarabande
- Superball Music
- Elektra Records / Roadrunner Records
- Mortal Records / Cooking Vinyl
- Laced Records
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Robin has dated –
- Bianca Sapetto (1997–Present) – Robin began dating acrobat Bianca Sapetto in 1997. They had first met while they were both working for the circus troupe Cirque du Soleil. The couple got married in 2001 and have a daughter together.
Race / Ethnicity
- Frequently changing and unusual hairstyles
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
Robin Finck Favorite Things
- Rock Bands – Led Zeppelin, Kiss
- Guitar Brand – Les Paul
Source – AllAxess.com, Seymour Duncan
Robin Finck Facts
- Born in New Jersey, Robin’s family moved to Marietta, Georgia and he began his musical career playing with numerous unsigned bands based in the Atlanta area.
- His first tryst with the rock band Nine Inch Nails was on their 1994–95 Self-Destruct and Further Down the Spiral tours when he joined them as a part of the touring party post the departure of guitarist Richard Patrick. He also featured with the band at Woodstock ’94, a music festival that was organized to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the original Woodstock festival of 1969.
- Upon the completion of the tours, he joined the iconic circus troupe Cirque du Soleil for the original tour of Quidam, the troupe’s 9th stage show.
- In 1997, he joined Guns N’ Roses on a two-year contract to replace Sal Hudson aka Slash and began working on the band’s long-delayed album titled Chinese Democracy.
- He rejoined Nine Inch Nails in 1999 for their Fragility v1.0 and Fragility v2.0 tours which were organized to support the bands 1999 album titled The Fragile. Once the tours were completed in 2000, he played 4 shows with Guns N’ Roses in 2001 and toured Europe and Asia with the band in 2002. The band was scheduled to tour venues across the United States for the rest of 2002 but the events were called off after 2 canceled shows caused fans to riot.
- After his touring commitments with Guns N’ Roses were fulfilled, he joined on to play for the LedZAriel production, an acrobatic group that used to perform to the music of the band Led Zeppelin.
- Robin was invited to rejoin Nine Inch Nails for their 2005 tours to support their album titled With Teeth but declined and chose to tour Europe, North America, Australia, and Japan in 2006 and 2007 with Guns N’ Roses.
- In April 2008, he collaborated with Nine Inch Nails as a member of the live band and also contributed to their album titled The Slip. After a couple of members of the band left in 2008, he also joined the re-jigged 4-piece band on its tour of Australia and New Zealand in early 2009.
- Robin is a keen artist and photographer as well and often displays his drawings, photos, and other artwork on his website.
Featured Image by Plain Alicia’s Photography / Flickr / CC BY-2.0