|Rohan Murty Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Year of Birth||1982 or 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rohan Murty is an Indian entrepreneur who is the founder of the Murty Classical Library of India and the digital transformation company Soroco which specializes in automation using artificial intelligence. On the other hand, he is also a junior fellow at the Harvard Society of Fellows.
Rohan Narayana Murty
Rohan was born in either 1982 or 1983.
Hubballi, Karnataka, India
Rohan studied at Bishop Cotton Boys’ School, Bangalore from 1989 to 2001. The same year he graduated from high school, Murty enrolled at Cornell University graduating from there with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science in 2005.
In 2005, Rohan enrolled at Harvard University pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Computer Science, and graduated from there in 2011.
- Father – N. R. Narayana Murthy (Founder of Infosys)
- Mother – Sudha Murty (Engineer, Author)
- Siblings – Akshata Murty (Older Sister) (b. April 25, 1980) (Businesswoman)
- Others – Shrinivas Kulkarni (Maternal Uncle) (Professor of astrophysics and planetary science at California Institute of Technology), Rishi Sunak (Brother-In-Law) (Politician), R.H. Kulkarni (Maternal Grandfather) (Surgeon), Vimala Kulkarni (Maternal Grandmother), Padavathamma Murthy (Paternal Grandmother), N. Rama Rao (Paternal Grandfather), Sanjay Sunak (Brother-in-Law) (Psychologist), Raakhi Sunak (Sister-in-Law) (Head of Humanitarian, Peacebuilding, UN Funds & Programmes at the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, a Department of the Government of the United Kingdom)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rohan has dated –
- Lakshmi Venu (2011-2015) – Rohan married businesswoman Lakshmi Venu (Srinivasan) who is the daughter of Venu Srinivasan, chairman of TVS Motors, and of his wife, Mallika Srinivasan, who is the CEO of TAFE in June 2011. The couple parted ways in 2013, and their divorce was finalized in October 2015.
- Aparna Krishnan (2019-Present) – He tied the knot with Aparna Krishnan, daughter of former Indian Navy officer K.R. Krishnan and his wife, Savithri Krishnan, a retired employee of SBI in December 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
- His wavy hairstyle
- Sports a pair of reading glasses
Rohan Murty Facts
- He developed an interest in programming at an early age and grew up honing in on his passion.
- Rohan’s maternal uncle is said to have played a major role in Rohan’s life.
- On June 1, 2013, it was estimated that Rohan owned shares at Infosys worth $347 million.
- He was appointed as the executive assistant at the Chairman’s Office at Infosys in June 2013 and was later promoted to Vice President at the company. However. the following year on June 4, 2014, Rohan decided to leave the company as his father had stepped down.
- Rohan’s brother-in-law Rishi Sunak was elected as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom on October 25, 2022.
Featured Image By Narayana Murthy / Instagram