|Róisín Murphy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 5, 1973|
Róisín Murphy is an Irish singer, songwriter, director, and record producer who is known for having been a member of the English-Irish electronic music duo, Moloko, alongside English bassist, guitarist, and composer, Mark Brydon. The duo has produced several popular albums and singles including Things to Make and Do, Do You Like My Tight Sweater?, and Statues. Apart from that, Róisín Murphy has also made a name for herself as a solo artist and has released albums like Ruby Blue and Take Her Up to Monto.
Róisín Marie Murphy
Arklow, Wicklow, Ireland
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Director
- Mother – She has been an antique dealer.
Róisín Murphy is managed by Maria May, Creative Artists Agency,
Electropop, Dance-Pop, Art Pop, Experimental Pop
Echo, EMI, PIAS
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Róisín Murphy has dated –
- Simon Henwood – She was previously in a relationship with Simon Henwood, a British artist, author, film director, and music video director. Their relationship resulted in the birth of a daughter named Clodagh on December 15, 2009.
- Sebastiano Properzi – Róisín Murphy is in a relationship with Sebastiano Properzi and the duo parents a son named Tadhg who was born in September 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
Róisín Murphy is of Irish descent.
Light Brown (Natural)
- Freckled face
- Deep-set eyes
Róisín Murphy Favorite Things
- Moloko Song – Forever More of Statues
- Some Of Her Favorite Hotels From Across The Globe – Radisson Collection Hotel in Moscow, Le Bristol Paris, The Principal Manchester, Tbilisi Marriott Hotel in Georgia
Source – The Guardian, Condé Nast Traveller
Róisín Murphy Facts
- She grew up in Arklow, County Wicklow, Ireland until the age of 12.
- At the age of 12, Róisín Murphy shifted to Manchester, England alongside her family.
- She developed a keen interest in the 1960s fashions by going to car boot sales and charity shops along with her mother.
- Her parents got divorced when she was around 15 years old and after that, Róisín Murphy stayed alone in England.
- During her younger years, she used to hide her original voice because she was somewhat embarrassed about the fact that she “sounded like Elaine Paige” when she preferred listening to the likes of Sonic Youth and Pixies instead.
- Róisín Murphy has revealed that during her school years, she became friends with a group of “weird boys who wore black” and who listened to the rock band, Jesus and Mary Chain.
- In October 1995, Moloko released its first album, Do You Like My Tight Sweater?, and it was placed at number #92 in the UK Albums Chart and at number #179 in the Australian Albums Chart.
- As a solo artist, Róisín Murphy released her debut studio album, Ruby Blue, on June 13, 2005, via Echo and it was ranked at number #88 in the UK Albums (OCC) chart.
- She has also garnered a decent social media fan base and enjoys more than 500k followers on Facebook, more than 100k followers on Instagram, and more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Featured Image by Maarten van Maanen / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0