|Romelu Lukaku Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||May 13, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Romelu Lukaku is a Belgian professional footballer who is best known for his career as a striker for Chelsea and the Belgium national team. He has also played for teams like Anderlecht, Chelsea, West Bromwich Albion, Everton, and Manchester United. During the course of his career, he has won several tournaments such as Belgian Pro League, Serie A, FIFA Club World Cup, and has been the recipient of honors like “IFFHS World’s Best International Goal Scorer”, “Belgian Sportsman Promising Talent of the Year”, “Serie A Most Valuable Player” and “Serie A Footballer of the Year”.
Romelu Menama Lukaku
Lukaku went to Saint-Guidon Institute, a school located in Brussels.
- Father – Roger Lukaku (Former Professional Footballer)
- Mother – Adolphine Lukaku
- Siblings – Jordan Lukaku (Younger Brother) (Professional Footballer), Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo (Cousin) (Professional Footballer)
Lukaku is signed with Mino Raiola.
6 ft 3 in or 190½ cm
94 kg or 207 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Romelu Lukaku dated –
- Julia Vandenweghe (2014-Present) – Romelu has been in a relationship with Julia Vandenweghe since 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
Romelu has Zairian (Nowadays Congolese) ancestry.
- Towering height
- Black hair and eyes
- Muscular body
Romelu has appeared in TV adverts for Kinder Bueno and Nike.
Best Known For
His scoring skills, powerful shots, and strength on the football pitch.
First Football Match
Lukaku debuted for Anderlecht on May 24, 2009, in a match against Standard Liege.
Romelu first performed as a member of FC Chelsea in a 3-1 success over Norwich City.
He first started for West Bromwich Albion in a match against Reading.
On September 21, 2013, Lukaku played his first game for Everton against West Ham United. He scored the winning goal in his team’s 3-2 victory.
- Powerful Shots
- Tall frame (6 ft 3 in)
- Defensive contribution
Romelu’s workout can be seen via the following video
Romelu Lukaku Facts
- He began playing football at the age of five in a local club called Rupel Boom.
- Lukaku played for Lierse SK from 2004 to 2006. He scored a total of 121 goals in 68 games.
- On May 13, 2009, Romelu penned a contract with Anderlecht which had kept him at the club until 2012.
- In August 2011, Lukaku moved to the English club Chelsea for a price of 12 million euros which rose up to 20 million euros with some add-ons. He agreed for a five-year contract with the “blues”.
- He didn’t hold the UEFA Champions League trophy that his team Chelsea won in May 2012 because he didn’t feel like a champion.
- He is left-footed.
- On August 10, 2012, Lukaku was sent on a loan to West Bromwich Albion.
- During the summer of 2013, Romelu was sent on another loan, this time to Everton.
- On July 30, 2014, Lukaku penned a five-year contract with Everton worth 28 million British pounds.
- He has played for the U-21 national team of Belgium.
- On November 17, 2010, Romelu scored his first two goals for the senior national team of Belgium in a friendly match against Russia.
- In 2014, the British daily newspaper The Guardian selected Romelu as one of the ten most promising young players in Europe.
- His biggest idol growing up was the Ivorian superstar Didier Drogba.
- Before turning 23, he had already scored 50 Premier League goals.
- At 16, Romelu had his professional debut in football. He was still studying in school at that time.