|Russell Wilson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||November 29, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Russell Wilson is an American football quarterback who has played for the Seattle Seahawks of the National Football League (NFL), after getting selected by the Seahawks in the third round (75th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft. He initially played football and baseball for North Carolina State University from 2008 to 2010 and then played college football for the University of Wisconsin during the 2011 season. In that season, he set the single-season FBS record for passing efficiency (191.8) and led the team to a Big Ten title and the 2012 Rose Bowl. Having been named to eight Pro Bowls, he has made the record for most wins by an NFL quarterback through nine seasons (98) and also became one of four quarterbacks in NFL history with a career passer rating over 100. Widely regarded throughout the NFL as one of the greatest dual-threat quarterbacks in NFL history, Wilson signed a four-year, $140 million contract extension with the Seahawks in April 2019, making him the highest-paid player in the NFL at the time. Apart from that, he has also been a part-owner of the Seattle Sounders of Major League Soccer (MLS).
Russell Carrington Wilson
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Russell Wilson attended Collegiate School in Richmond. He graduated from high school in 2006 and was subsequently recruited by North Carolina State University. In May 2010, he graduated from the NC State with a BA in communication.
In the 2010 fall semester, Russell decided to take a graduate-level business course. He fell out with the head coach at NC State over his reluctance to give up on his baseball career, prompting his transfer to the University of Wisconsin–Madison for the 2011 season. Wilson rounded off his college football career in January 2012.
Professional American Football Player
- Father – Harrison Benjamin Wilson III (Lawyer)
- Mother – Tammy Wilson (Legal Nurse Consultant)
- Siblings – Harrison IV Wilson (Older Brother), Anna Wilson (Younger Sister)
- Others – Harrison B. Wilson Jr. (Paternal Grandfather) (Former President of Norfolk State University), Anna W. Wilson (Paternal Grandmother) (Former Jackson State University faculty), A. B. Jackson (Maternal Grandfather) (Painter), Carolyn Turner (Maternal Grandmother)
Russell Wilson has been represented by Mark Rodgers.
His net worth had been $135 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
94 kg or 207 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Russell Wilson has dated –
- Ashton Meem (2006-2014) – Russell Wilson first met Ashton Meem in high school. At that time, Ashton was studying at St. Catherine’s High School, which was five miles from Wilson’s high school. They met again at a summer party and subsequently started dating. For a brief period of time, they had a long-distance relationship as Meem, who is 1 year older, moved to the University of Georgia. They reunited at the NC State. They got married in January 2012. However, their marriage ended in April 2014 amongst claims that Meem had an affair with Wilson’s former Seattle Seahawks teammate Golden Tate.
- Samantha Hoopes (2015) – In March 2015, Russell was RUMORed to be dating model Samantha Hoopes when she was spotted in Russell’s convertible Rolls-Royce car.
- Ciara (2015-Present) – Russell and singer Ciara started dating in the early months of 2015 and made their relationship official by attending the White House State Dinner for Japan in April as a couple. Their relationship was particularly in the news due to their decision to abstain from sex until their marriage. They got engaged in March 2016 after Russell proposed to her during holidays in Seychelles. On July 6, 2016, the duo got married in a fairytale wedding held in an English castle. Three months later, Ciara revealed that she was expecting her first child with Wilson. On April 28, 2017, Ciara gave birth to her daughter Sienna Princess Wilson. The couple also has a son named Win Harrison Wilson (b. July 23, 2020). In August 2023, the couple announced that they were expecting their third child together.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of European, African, West Asian, and East Asian descent.
- Prominent nose
- Oval face shape
Russell Wilson has used his star power to attract some very lucrative endorsement deals with prestigious brands such as Nike, Microsoft, Braun, and Bose.
He also has his own clothing line with online giant Nordstrom. Plus, he has done commercials for the following brands –
- Alaska Airlines
- Sports Illustrated
- Disney Parks and Resorts
- American Family Insurance
- Madden NFL
- Vulcan Inc.
- Larson Automotive Group
- United Way
- Reliant Recovery Water
- Eat the Ball
Best Known For
- Playing for the NFL team Seattle Seahawks.
- Being one of the best-paid players in the NFL.
First American Football Match
Russell Wilson made his NFL professional debut in a match against Arizona Cardinals on September 9, 2012. The Seattle Seahawks lost the match by 16-20.
Russell made his film debut in 2015 with the comedy flick Entourage.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of NFL matches, Russell made his first guest appearance in ESPN Depth Chart in 2011 as himself.
During the offseason, Russell trains with his longtime trainer Ryan Flaherty to keep his muscles strong and moreover to train those muscles (stabilizing muscles) that prevent injuries. To achieve this goal, most exercises are performed at a slow tempo, which fatigues the big muscles and makes stabilizing muscles work harder.
During the NFL season, he undertakes gym training sessions 4 days a week. These workout sessions are divided into 2 speed days and 2 strength days. On speed days, he performs various Olympic weightlifting exercises to develop power.
On strength days, he goes for big lifts to build muscle power and corrective exercises for injury prevention. Also, special focus is placed on upper body muscles.
When it comes to diet, he eats five to six meals per day with special emphasis on lean protein sources such as fish and chicken. His lunch on the game day includes a full plate of pasta and chicken, spaghetti, and lots of salad.
Russell Wilson Favorite Things
- Team While Growing Up – San Francisco 49ers
- Role Model – Drew Brees
- Food – Cheese
- Pizza – Pepperoni with extra cheese
Source – ESPN
Russell Wilson Facts
- Russell Wilson is the minority stakeholder in a European Bread Company, Eat the Ball.
- Wilson is the senior editor for the football section of The Player’s Tribune and even contributes articles on the website occasionally.
- Wilson became a devout Christian at the age of 14 after Jesus Christ came into his dream and asked Wilson to find out more about him.
- Wilson wears a #3 jersey to honor the holy trinity, not because he was selected in the third round by Seattle Seahawks.
- In 2008, Wilson created history by becoming the first freshman ever to be selected as the ACC’s first-team all-conference quarterback.
- In October 2014, in a match against St. Louis Rams, he became the first quarterback in the history of the game to throw 300-plus yards and to rush 100-plus yards.
- Russell is the only and first quarterback in NFL history to have completed more than 4000 passing yards, 30 plus touchdowns, and more than 500 rushing yards in the same season.
- During the offseason, he mentors at a youth football camp hosted by Russell Wilson Passing Academy in several different cities.
- He has also been mentioned in Eminem‘s 2013 song titled The Monster. The part of the song’s lyrics that mentions Russell goes like this, “It’s payback, Russell Wilson falling way back / In the draft, turn nothing into something, still can make that / Straw into gold chump, I will spin Rumpelstiltskin in a haystack”.
- Russell holds the distinction of being the first quarterback in the history of the Seahawks to throw more than 4000 passing yards in a single season.
- In December 2015, he became the first and the only player in the history of the game to throw more than three touchdown passes without an interception in five consecutive games.
- During the 2021 NFL Honors, he was honored with the “Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year” award. He also received $250,000, which he decided to donate to his and Ciara’s Why Not You Foundation.
- In October 2021, Russell underwent surgery after he had injured his right middle finger during a match against the Los Angeles Rams.
- In March 2022, it was reported that Russell had been traded to the Denver Broncos.