|Rutina Wesley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 21, 1978|
Rutina Wesley is a talented actress. She is known for her roles in How She Move, California Winter, 13 Sins, Last Weekend, The Perfect Guy, Numb3rs, True Blood, The Cleveland Show, Generator Rex, Bandwagon: The Series, Broad Squad, Hannibal, Arrow, and Queen Sugar. She has over 50k followers on Twitter, more than 70k followers on Facebook, and 400k plus followers on Instagram.
Rutina Lynette Wesley
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
She divides her time between –
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Astoria, Queens, New York, United States
Rutina Wesley graduated from Las Vegas Academy of International Studies, Performing and Visual Arts in 1997 and she also learned dancing at Simba Studios. Later, she joined the University of Evansville in Indiana and obtained her Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theatre Performance in 2001.
She went on to pursue her artistic dream and joined Juilliard School in New York in 2001, graduating in May 2005. During her time at Julliard School, she also did a summer course at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
- Father – Ivery Wheeler (Professional Tap Dancer)
- Mother – Cassandra Wesley (Showgirl)
- Siblings – Unknown
Rutina Wesley is managed by Inspire Entertainment, LLC, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 5½ in or 166 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Rutina Wesley has dated –
- Jacob Fishel (2005-2013) – In 2005, Rutina married actor Jacob Fishel, who was her classmate at the Juilliard School. However, their marriage started to crumble and citing irreconcilable differences, Rutina filed for divorce on August 16, 2013.
- Shonda – Rutina has been in a relationship with a New Orleans chef named Shonda. They announced their engagement in November 2017 on Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Curly hair
- Wears a nose ring
- Toned physique
Rutina Wesley has either promoted or endorsed brands like –
- Unique Clothing LLC
- Jeep Wrangler
Best Known For
- Her versatile roles in films and TV series like Queen Sugar as Nova Bordelon, True Blood (2008–2014) as Tara Thornton, Hannibal (2015) as Reba McClane, 13 Sins (2014) as Shelby, and The Perfect Guy (2015) as Alicia
In 2007, she made her theatrical film debut as Raya Green in the drama film, How She Move.
First TV Show
In 2008, she made her first TV show appearance as lead Tara Thornton in the dark fantasy horror series, True Blood.
In 2009, she made her debut as a voice actress in the animated comedy series, The Cleveland Show, as Yvette.
Rutina Wesley works out 3 times a week, doing cardio and strength training exercises that include the elliptical machine and weight lifting. She also has enviable biceps that she has toned by performing 30-20-10 push-up circuits. Moreover, she credits her skills in dancing for her flexibility. Apart from that, she does Pilates 3 to 4 times a week and runs 5 times a week and also practices yoga from time to time.
As for her diet, her ideal food chart looks like the following –
- Breakfast – Fresh fruit and a cup of oatmeal with almond milk
- Lunch – A big Chop Stop salad
- Dinner – Some protein and vegetables for dinner
Rutina Wesley Favorite Things
- Feature Of Herself – Legs
- Places For Food – Vinegar Hill House (in DUMBO) and Amy Ruth’s in New York City, Johnny’s Po Boys in New Orleans, Little Dom’s in Los Angeles
- Go-To On Set Snack – Fruit snacks
- Shakespeare Role – Juliet
Source – US Weekly, TheNewPotato.com
Rutina Wesley Facts
- She met her future True Blood co-star, Nelsan Ellis, at Julliard School in London.
- Her ideal drink after a long day at work is grapefruit flavored San Pellegrino.
- One item that’s always in her handbag is her headphones.
- According to Rutina, salt is the most overrated ingredient.
- She thinks hot sauce makes every food better.
- She enjoys watching various TV shows like So You Think You Can Dance, The Biggest Loser, Scandal, and I Love Lucy.
- If she could host a dinner party for any 5 people, living or dead, she would invite Nikki Giovanni, Audrey Hepburn, Gregory Hines, Nina Simone, and August Wilson.
- She has worked as a singing and dancing busgirl during high school.
- When she was young, she liked Michael Jackson’s song “Man in the Mirror”.
- Her father reached the finals of the popular TV reality series, Star Search (1983-1995).
- She named her car Chewy.
- She has eaten Twizzlers in her sleep.
- She is obsessed with purple color and sneakers.
- She wants to appear as a judge on the show, So You Think You Can Dance.
- Rutina has a fear of heights but can still ride a roller coaster.
- While in college, she was the only black girl on the dance team.
- As a child, she would make mud pies and has also eaten a slice or two of that.
- Her crushes include actor James McAvoy and singer Lil Wayne.
- She is a huge fan of Jillian Michaels and The Biggest Loser.
- She likes to relax by listening to Jill Scott or India.Arie.
- Rutina has been featured on many magazines including 26Magazine, Entertainment Weekly, Edge, Rolling Out, Glamoholic, and Esquire.
- Follow Rutina Wesley on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0