|Ryan Moloney Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 24, 1979|
Ryan Moloney is an Australian actor and marathon runner, best known for his long-running role of Jarrod “Toadfish” Rebecchi in the soap opera Neighbours. He also played the same role in 3 spin-off TV series, Neighbours vs. Zombies (2014), Neighbours: Summer Stories (2017), and Neighbours vs. Time Travel (2017). Ryan has also appeared in Say a Little Prayer (1993) as Thug and Enemies Closer (2000) as Terry.
Actor, Marathon Runner
He is represented by Julie Torrance Management (Artist Management Company).
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan Moloney has dated –
- Alison Hayward (2002-Present) – He began dating Alison Hayward in November 2002, and got married to her on November 16, 2003. They have 2 children together, a son named Jack Moloney and a daughter Erin Grace Moloney (b. October 30, 2006).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Australian descent.
Due to advancing age, his hair color turned to “Salt and Pepper”.
Ryan Moloney has endorsed brands such as Lite n’ Easy (2010).
Ryan has also shown support for organizations such as –
- Down Syndrome Association of Victoria
- Victorian Police Department’s Films For Schools Youth
- Forgotten Children Rescue Foundation
Ryan Moloney Facts
- He began his acting career at the age of 10 with the Merilyn Brend Children’s Teenagers and Adults Theatre Company.
- Ryan 1st auditioned for the role of Brett Stark in Neighbours, which later went to Brett Blewitt. He landed the role of Cyborg instead but only appeared in 1 episode.
- When he was cast in the role of Jarrod “Toadfish” Rebecchi, he was only supposed to play a 1-scene role alongside his on-screen brother, Kevin “Stonefish” Rebecchi. However, the audience grew to like the character and he became a series regular in 1996.
- He used to wear a very long mullet haircut in the early days of his career. In fact, he stated that when the producers gave him a call to play Jarrod, the 1st thing they asked him whether he cut his hair or not. Ryan later hated the haircut but the producer forced him to keep it.
- In 2010, as part of the promotion with an Australian brand Lite n’ Easy, he lost around 17 kg or 37.5 lbs in 13 weeks. Not too long after, he competed in the St. George Melbourne Marathon and had an official time of 03:46:32.
- In 2011, his soap opera Neighbours moved from Channel 10 to Channel 11. In television, this typically meant the show was slowly losing rating and was ready to be cut. This scared Ryan a little and he told his wife that he needed to find a new job.
- Ryan decided to start training to become a pilot for commercial planes in 2011. The woman that signed his pilot license was also a big fan of the TV show and couldn’t believe it was him.
- One of the most concerning things for him when portraying Toadfish, who was a lawyer, was for the audience at home not to think “Thank God he isn’t representing me!”.
- During one of the storylines for Neighbours, his character had to run n*ked. He declined to wear the skin-colored G-string, saying that he’ll just cover his private parts with his hands. However, one day he had to do a stunt while the mat was wet from the rain, slipped, and everyone saw his “bits”.
- Ryan competed in the 11th season of Celebrity Big Brother in 2013 and ended up in 3rd place. He later stated that the production’s freedom of video editing didn’t allow him to present his best traits.
- In 2017, his daughter Erin decided to shave her long hair and donate it for the Kid’s Cancer Project in Australia. Ryan was by her side, gave her a big hug, and complimented her on her bravery, stating that a lot of adults wouldn’t be willing to do the same.
- After 25 years of playing the same character in Neighbours, he was nominated for “Most Popular Actor” at Australia’s Logie Awards in 2019.
Featured Image by BigBrother Junkie / Flickr / Public Domain