|Sylvia Jeffreys Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 23, 1986|
Sylvia Jeffreys is an Australian journalist and news presenter who is best known for co-hosting the morning talk show, Today Extra with David Campbell. She had previously served as the news presenter on Today and presenter on A Current Affair. She had also been the fill-in presenter on Nine Morning News, Nine Afternoon News, and Weekend Today.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Sylvia has done her high school studies from Brisbane State High School.
She later acquired a degree in Bachelor of Journalism/Bachelor of Arts from the University of Queensland.
Journalist and News Presenter
- Father – Richard (Former local alderman for the Liberal Party and a Vietnam War Vet)
- Mother – Janine (Social Worker)
- Siblings – Aaron (Older Brother) (Restaurateur), Claire (Older Sister)
Nick Fordham, the Fordham Company (Management)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
64 kg or 141 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sylvia has dated –
- Peter Stefanovic (2013-Present) – Peter Stefanovic is an Australian journalist, famous for the show “Weekend Today”. Sylvia and Peter hosted “Today’s Weekend Summer Series” before they started dating in December 2013. Their relationship faced their first hurdle when Peter had to return to London, but they didn’t lose the contact. Sylvia confirmed her relationship with Peter on a TV Show hosted by Georgie Gardner in 2014. Peter proposed Sylvia in July 2016 and she said yes. They married on April 1, 2017, in the Kangaroo Valley. They went to Fiji for their honeymoon. On her wedding day, Sylvia wore Rebecca Vallance gown.
Race / Ethnicity
- Beautiful eyes
- Bright Smile
- She is the brand ambassador for a Brisbane based organization called “Young Care” that mainly focuses on getting young people with disabilities out of aged care facilities.
- She is also the ambassador for the Sydney Children’s Hospital Foundation.
Best Known For
Presenting the news on the Australian Morning Show “Today”.
First TV Show
Sylvia was appointed as the weekend weather presenter for Nine News Queensland in 2011.
Sylvia Jeffrey’s personal trainer is Lizzie Bland who is the founder of Bondi Studio Lean Bean Fitness.
She likes doing yoga, dance, and pilates to keep herself fit. She also takes kickboxing classes with her husband. Sylvia’s mother Janine has impacted Sylvia’s health in a positive way.
Sylvia Jeffreys Favorite Things
- Place for Thai Food – Bangkok Bites on Hall Street
- Place for Coffee – Organic Republic Bakery
- Place for Breakfast and Afternoon Wine – Porch and Parlor
- Cuisine to Cook – Moussaka, Stuffed Peppers, whole grilled Eggplant
- Dessert – Chocolate Mousse
- Wardrobe Outfit – Plain white “Zara” T-Shirt
- Physical Feature – Long Arms
- Personal Feature – Optimism
- Store for Work – Saba and Veronica Maine
- Store for Play – Calexico (James St.), Scanlan & Theodore (James St.)
- Online Store – Shopbop.com
- Restaurant – Himalayan Café
- Alcoholic Drink – Mojito
- Non Alcoholic Drink – Water
Source – TheBeast.com.au, Style Magazines, StyleCounselOnline.com.au
Sylvia Jeffreys Facts
- She played Girls Cricket in high school.
- In August 2005, Sylvia commenced working at Nine Networks as a script assistant.
- Sylvia joined “Today” as the New South Wales reporter in 2012 and was replaced by Natalia Cooper in June 2013. Sylvia again joined this show in 2014 by replacing Georgie Gardner.
- Sylvia’s parents split when she was a toddler.
- Her first job was at McDonald’s. She bought a halter top and a denim skirt from her first salary.
- In December 2019, it was announced that Sylvia would be replacing Sonia Kruger as the co-host of Today Extra.
Featured Image by Sylvia Jeffreys / Instagram