|Ashleigh Cummings Quick Info
|5 ft 4 in
|Date of Birth
|November 11, 1992
Ashleigh Cummings is an Australian actress who came to limelight after portraying the role of Robyn Mathers in the movie Tomorrow, When the War Began (2010), earning a nomination for “Best Young Actor” at the Australian Film Institute Awards in 2010. She gained further recognition by starring in several TV shows in lead roles including Puberty Blues (2012–2014) where she played the part of Debbie Vickers and Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries (2012–2015) where she portrayed the character of Dorothy ‘Dot’ Williams.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Los Angeles, California, United States
At the age of 14, she joined the Brent Street School of Performing Arts, where she learned dance and acting. After that, she went to Wenona School in North Sydney, graduating in 2010. She also took lessons at the film and television school Screenwise during which she studied philosophy between her acting roles.
- Father – Michael Cummings (Radiographer)
- Mother – Cheryl Cummings (Sonographer)
- Siblings – Hannah Cummings (Sister)
She is represented by Lisa Mann Creative Management.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Aaron Jakubenko (2016-Present) – She began dating Australian actor Aaron Jakubenko in 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of British Isles descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Aether Beauty, Dirty Hippie Cosmetics, and Kjær Weis.
Ashleigh Cummings Favorite Things
- Advocate Of – Environmentally sustainable fashion and she has even made her own toothpaste
- Hobbies – Traveling to Morocco to study conflict resolution
- Pastime – Learning to skateboard
- Invaluable And Moving Experience – Playing the role of Pippa in the film The Goldfinch (2019) as that enabled her to meet Nicole Kidman, whom she has always looked up to
Source – The Sydney Morning Herald
Ashleigh Cummings Facts
- She started studying ballet at the tender age of 2.
- She speaks Arabic and French.
- Ashleigh’s family left Saudi Arabia abruptly when she was 12 years old and moved to Australia, during the height of the terror attacks on Westerners living in the Middle Eastern kingdom, and that left a deep impact on her psyche. When she was a child, every time someone was 5 minutes late, she would assume that it was due to something like a car bombing. She has revealed that even after growing up, she has not been able to overcome her anxiety and she has kept getting terrified with thoughts of her near ones dying, although with time she has learned to deal better with her panic attacks.
- She took surfing lessons when preparing for her role as Debbie in Puberty Blues.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0