|Tony Parker Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 17, 1982|
William Anthony Parker, Jr.
Tony, T.P., Tony P
Parker attended INSEP (National Institute of Sports and Physical Education), a training institute based in Paris, France where he played amateur basketball for 2 years before he turned professional.
Tony was offered numerous college scholarships from colleges such as UCLA and Georgia Tech, still he decided to stay and play in France.
Basketball Player, Singer
- Father – Tony Parker, Sr. (Former basketball player who played college basketball for Loyola University in Chicago, and also played overseas)
- Mother – Pamela Firestone (Model)
- Siblings – T. J Parker (Younger Brother), Pierre Parker (Younger Brother)
Tony is signed with CAA Sports and GM Sports Consulting.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
185 lbs or 84 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tony Parker dated –
- Eva Longoria (2004-2011) – Parker and the popular beautiful American actress Eva Longoria started seeing each other back in November 2004. The couple got engaged on November 30, 2006, after remaining two years in a relationship and officially got married a year later on July 7, 2007. Eventually, due to his unfaithfulness and cheating on Eva, their marriage reach its end on January 28, 2011.
- Alexandra Paressant (2007) – Tony was RUMORed to be dating French glamour model, Alexandra Paressant in 2007.
- Erin Barry (2010) – In 2010, Tony had a fling with the American model Erin Barry. Mainly, this was the biggest reason why Tony’s wife, at the time, the beautiful brunette and a movie star Eva Longoria filed papers for divorce. Same happened with Erin’s husband and a former teammate of Tony, Brent Barry who immediately got separated from his unfaithful wife.
- Barbara Morel (2011) – Tony was connected with the French TV personality Barbara Morel in 2011.
- Axelle Francine (2011-Present) – Tony commenced dating the French journalist Axelle Francine in 2011 and got engaged 2 years later in June 2013. The couple got married on August 1, 2014 in a ceremony held in San Antonio, Texas. Tony and Axelle have 1 children, Josh Parker (born, April 30, 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
Parker’s mother is Dutch and his father is an Afro-American.
- Very short haircut
- Small scar below his right eye
- Full lips
Tony’s shoe size is speculated to be 11 (US) or 10.5 (UK) or 45 (EU).
Parker has appeared in numerous TV commercials including for Peak (Presenting his new shoes Tony Parker TP9-II) (2015), HEB (Alongside Team Duncan, Matt Bonner and Manu Ginobili), and SWBC (2013).
Tony appears to be Catholic.
Best Known For
Tony Parker is remembered as one of the best French basketball players who have ever lived.
He is known for winning 4 titles with the San Antonio Spurs during 2002-2003, 2004-2005, 2006-2007 and 2013-2014 NBA seasons.
Parker became even a bigger star when he won the MVP award in the 2007 NBA Finals. He is also a gold medalist, which he won with the National Team of France during Ljubljana’s FIBA EuroBasket 2013.
- Probably the quickest player in the NBA. Very agile and quick in changing directions.
- Killer scoring instinct
- Team player
- His frame, standing only 6 ft 2 in
- Not a versatile player
- Average shooter
- Weak to average defensive player
First NBA Appearance
Tony’s first NBA appearance was back in the 2001-2002 NBA season when he first played against the team of Memphis Grizzlies and their star player Pau Gasol. Parker spent 37 minutes on the court scoring 7 points and dishing 4 assists in his team’s victory of 83-79.
First Music Album
Tony’s first music album was released on March 26, 2007, by the name TP. The album was released by Music One records and contains 11 songs with a total running time of 39 minutes and 10 seconds.
As an actor, Tony had his acting debut in the movie Asterix and the Olympic Games in 2008, when he appeared as Tonus Parker.
First TV Show
Parker has shown up in the TV mini-series named The 2003 NBA Finals as himself.
Since he first started playing basketball, Tony was aware of his god given athletic abilities such as speed, agility and quickness and maybe, these are the reasons why he is never pointed as a hard worker.
Tony is definitely not a vigorous worker like Kobe Bryant and Lebron James are, but he definitely spends time working and keeping himself in the best physical shape. As years go by, San Antonio’s guard is more than aware that he is getting older for the game of basketball and in order to stay healthy and play on such level like the NBA demands, he needs to train harder than the bygone years.
He recently changed his off-season workout and started a new way of training with San Antonio’s coaches. Tony lifts weights, runs on the track and boxes sometimes. More about Tony’s new regime can be found at fantasynews.cbssports.com.
Tony Parker Favorite Things
- Music Styles – Rap and Hip-Hop
- Musicians – Brian McKnight, Montell Jordan
- Rapper – Jay-Z
- Record Label – Ruff Ryders
Source – JockBio.com, IMDb.com
Tony Parker Facts
- Despite Tony was born in Bruges, Belgium, he grew up in France.
- At a young age, Tony loved to spend time with his father and his 2 younger brothers. They would often go to basketball games together.
- He first wanted to be a soccer player, but after he saw Michael Jordan‘s playing style, he immediately got hooked to basketball. He was also influenced by his two brothers who were playing college basketball and professional basketball too.
- In 1999, Parker signed his first professional basketball contract with Paris Basket Racing.
- Parker attended Nike Hoop Summit in Indiana in 2000 after he accepted their invitation. He competed against Zach Randolph, Omar Cook and Darius Miles.
- During the NBA Lockout in 2011, Parker decided to keep himself in shape by playing for ASVEL Villeurbanne. He was receiving no more than $2000 per month and was paying his own insurance which was around $250,000 for a period of three months.
- He wasn’t a part of the French National Team during 2010 FIBA World Championship in order to recover from 2009-2010 season injuries.
- His signature finishing move is the teardrop.
- Parker was named 2013 Eurobasket MVP.