|Safiya Nygaard Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 16, 1992|
Safiya Nygaard is an American actress, writer, and comedian, who joined the multi-billion dollar video-sharing platform YouTube after she created her own channel in 2011. She’s well-known for her beauty and fashion-related video contents on her self-titled YouTube channel. Before fame, she had worked as a video content producer for BuzzFeed from which she learned and harnessed her video editing skills. She became more popular after she began uploading her videos on her self-titled YouTube channel, which has amassed more than 9 million subscribers. Knowing that she’s not just a multi-talented artist but also someone who has definite beauty, it didn’t take long for her to establish a huge fan base in social media. Her uploads seem to focus more on niches strongly related to beauty, an extremely popular and relatable niche that draws more interests to the younger viewers.
Though she had uploaded a bunch of unique videos related to makeup and beauty product reviews during the early years of her channel, it wasn’t long until she also progressed to other niches including fashion, food adventures, travel, updates about her dating life, challenge videos, and many more. Her consistency in creating witty but informational video content has always remained intact even before she started YouTube, which brought her success much faster than other new vloggers on YouTube.
Safiya Jaffer Nygaard
Santa Clara, California, United States
She attended Whitney M. Young Magnet High School from 2007 to 2010.
Safiya later went to Stanford University and participated in theater productions of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, and The Crucible.
Actress, Comedian, Writer, YouTuber
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
She self-manages herself.
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Safiya Nygaard has dated –
- Tyler Williams (2015-Present) – Safiya began a relationship with fellow YouTuber Tyler Williams in 2015. They first met when they were both studying at Stanford University, but they only began dating when they reunited in Los Angeles after they graduated from college. The couple got engaged in December 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
She has Indian and Danish roots.
- Long Lashes
- Thick Eyebrows
- Plump Lips
- V-shaped Jawline
She has endorsed her own brand Fiends by Saf.
Best Known For
- Working as a producer and video content creator for BuzzFeed before becoming a YouTube star
- Her witty, creative, and informative beauty and fashion vlogs on her YouTube channel
First TV Show
In 2015, she made her TV show debut in an episode titled He’s a Bird-Man! of the comedy series TMI Hollywood.
Safiya Nygaard Favorite Things
- Pets – Cats
- Novel Series – Harry Potter
- Tour Destination – Disneyland
- Restaurant – BB GO
- Foods – Mushrooms and turkeys on sandwiches
- Music Genres – Late ’90s, Early 2000s, Alternative Rock
- Color – Black
Safiya Nygaard Facts
- She’s obsessed with sauces.
- Safiya and her fiance Tyler own a cat named Crusty.
- She’s an avid Harry Potter fan.
- She loves pop culture.
- She has made a ton of video collaborations on her channel with fellow YouTube artists such as Shane Dawson, Simply Nailogical, ThreadBanger, Wengie, Jessie Paege, and Natalies Outlet.
- Her most-viewed video on YouTube is titled Melting Every Lipstick From Sephora Together, which has garnered more than 26 million views.
- She officially joined YouTube on November 9, 2011, and uploaded her first video on December 10, 2014.
- Her self-titled YouTube channel has accumulated more than 1 billion combined views.
- Follow her on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Safiya Nygaard / Instagram