|Jake Picking Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 2, 1991|
Jake Picking is an American actor who is best known for his work in films such as Dirty Grandpa (2016), Patriots Day (2016), Sicario: Day of the Soldado (2018), Horse Girl (2020), and Top Gun: Maverick (2022). He is also well recognized for portraying characters such as Sean in the drama TV series Chasing Life (2014), the late movie star Rock Hudson in the drama streaming TV miniseries Hollywood (2020), and the late American politician Gerald Ford (young) (the 38th president of the United States, from 1974 to 1977) in the anthology drama TV series The First Lady (2022).
Erlangen, Middle Franconia, Franconia, Bavaria, Germany
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jake, after his high school graduation, had joined New York University, a private research university in New York City. He had dropped out of the business school there, after a year, upon developing an interest in acting.
- Father – His father was a member of the United States Army.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jake has dated –
- Fiona Barron (2018–2020)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
- Clean-shaven look
Jake Picking Facts
- He was born in Erlangen, Bavaria, Germany, where his father, a member of the United States Army, had been stationed at that time. His family had later returned to the United States and he had mostly grown up in Wellesley, Massachusetts. This is the reason that it has often been claimed that he was born in the state of Massachusetts.
- At New York University, he was a winger in the university’s ice hockey team. Before the start of his acting career, he had been featured in an NHL (National Hockey League) TV commercial, as an ice hockey player.
- At the university, he had developed an interest in acting and a high school math teacher of his had encouraged him to pursue a career in Hollywood. He had then taken lessons with Carolyn Pickman, a casting agent who has represented the renowned actors, screenwriters, and producers Ben Affleck and Matt Damon, both of whom had spent the majority of their childhood and youth in Massachusetts, just like Jake.
- Jake had started participating in auditions in Boston at first and had earned his breakthrough with the role of Chad in the 2013 coming-of-age comedy-drama film The Way, Way Back. He had followed this up with guest appearances in the pilot episode of the police drama TV series Ironside (2013) and the TV movie Salvation (2014).
- To give a boost to his professional acting career, he had moved to Los Angeles. Despite having no contacts there, he had preferred to slug it out in Hollywood instead of pursuing a possible acting course at the Tisch School Of The Arts, the performing, cinematic, and media arts school of New York University.
- In his early days of struggle there, to battle loneliness in his one-room apartment, he had started watching and studying old Hollywood films starring actors like James Dean, Paul Newman, Marlon Brando, and Montgomery Clift.
Featured Image by Jake Picking / Instagram