|Sally Field Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2.5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 6, 1946|
Sally Field is an American actress, singer, director, and producer known for portraying various important roles in popular TV shows and films like Forrest Gump, Gidget, Steel Magnolias, and Lincoln. She has released songs like Follow the Star and has also appeared in theatre productions like The Glass Menagerie. Sally has a huge social media fan base with more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Sally Margaret Field
Pasadena, California, United States
She divides her time between New York and Los Angeles.
Sally attended Portola Middle School and Birmingham High School in Van Nuys. She attended Actors Studio in 1968 and again in 1973 to 1975 with David Craig. She also went to Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute and studied acting there.
Actress, Singer, Director, Producer
- Father – Richard Dryden Field (Salesman)
- Mother – Margaret Field (Actress)
- Siblings – Richard Dryden Field (Younger Brother) (Physicist), Princess O’Mahoney (Younger Half-Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Jock Mahoney (Stepfather), Fleet Folsom Field (Paternal Grandfather), Jane Elizabeth Fox (Paternal Grandmother), Wallace Miller Morlan (Maternal Grandfather), Joy Beatrice Bickley (Maternal Grandmother)
She is represented by –
- Brian Swardstrom and Mark Christian Subias, Talent Agents, United Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
- Heidi Schaeffer, Publicist, PMK*BNC, Los Angeles, California, United States.
- Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush & Kaller, Legal Representatives, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Pop, Stage & Screen
5 ft 2.5 in or 159 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sally Field has dated –
- Steven Craig (1968-1975) – Sally dated Steven Craig in high school. She was married to Steven Craig from 1968 to 1975. The couple had 2 sons during their marriage – Peter Craig (b. 1969), who is a novelist and Eli Craig (b. 1972), who is an actor.
- Davy Jones – Sally first met musician Davy Jones at the Hollywood Palladium, where he crowned the winner of the Miss Teen International pageant. They dated for several months in the late 1960s.
- Pete Duel – Sally was rumored to be dating actor Pete Duel in the past. Pete played the character of her brother-in-law in the Gidget series.
- Burt Reynolds – Field and actor Burt Reynolds started dating in the 1970s. They co-starred in several films like Smokey and the Bandit, Smokey and the Bandit II, and The End. In 2018, he stated that he first fell in love with Sally when she was 7 years old.
- Alan Greisman (1984-1993) – Field married film producer Alan Greisman in 1984. She gave birth to their son, Samuel Greisman in 1987. They divorced in 1993.
- Kevin Kline – Soapdish co-stars Kevin Kline and Sally Field were rumored to be dating in the past.
- Jerry Knight 2 – Film technician Jerry Knight 2 and Sally were reportedly dating in the past. They met on the set of the 1996 movie Eye for an Eye.
Race / Ethnicity
She has German, Dutch, English, and Irish ancestry.
- Hazel eyes
- Beautiful smile
- Sally Field has served as a spokesmodel for Boniva, a bisphosphonate treatment for osteoporosis.
- She has also appeared in a commercial for Charles Schwab Corporation (Investment service company).
In an interview given to Oprah Winfrey, she said –
My real father was Catholic, and I had issues with all religions.
Best Known For
- Appearing in movies like Forrest Gump (1994), Steel Magnolias (1989), and Lincoln (2012).
- Being the director of popular television films like The Christmas Tree (1996) and feature films like Beautiful (2000).
She released her first album titled Star Of The Flying Nun in 1967.
Sally Field made her theatrical film debut in an uncredited role in the science-fiction film Moon Pilot in 1962.
She made her credited theatrical film debut as Mercy McBee in the 1967 film, The Way West.
First TV Show
In 1965, she made her first television show appearance on the ABC sitcom Gidget.
She maintains an active lifestyle, which includes hiking, biking, and yoga.
Sally Field Favorite Things
Sally’s favorite things are unknown.
Sally Field Facts
- On May 5, 2014, Sally was given a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- She was a member of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 1989.
- Sally owns a production company named Fogwood Films.
- She is friends with American actor Matthew Rhys.
- On April 14, 1980, she won the Oscar Award under the “Best Actress” category for her role in Norma Rae at The 52nd Annual Academy Awards.
- She was offered the lead role of Alice Hardy in Friday the 13th, but she turned it down.
- In 2005, she was identified with osteoporosis. Due to osteoporosis, she started “Rally with Sally for Bone Health” campaign to encourage the early diagnosis of such conditions through technology such as bone-density scans.
- Sally won the Ally for Equality Award in 2012.
- Follow her on Twitter.
Featured Image by Diariocritico de Venezuela / Flickr / CC BY-2.0