|Sam Farrar Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 29, 1978|
Sam Farrar is well known for his ability to flawlessly play multiple musical instruments. In his teens, he started playing music with his music band Phantom Planet. He regularly used to play at the concerts and events in the Hollywood area. His work with the band caught the attention of the popular band, Maroon 5. He started collaborating with them in the 90s and in 2012, he joined the band as a touring member. In 2016, he was made the official member of the band.
Samuel John Farrar
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Sam Farrar went to the Buckley School, a Sherman Oaks-based college preparatory day school. After graduating from high school, he got enrolled at the Pitzer College. He eventually graduated from the college too.
Musician, Record Producer
- Father – John Farrar (Singer, Songwriter, Guitarist, Music Producer)
- Mother – Pat Carroll (Singer)
- Siblings – Max Farrar (Younger Brother) (Musician)
Sam Farrar’s music band Maroon 5 is represented by –
- Career Artist Management
- MBC PR (Public Relations Agency)
Pop, pop rock, funk rock, blue-eyed soul, neo soul
Bass, vocals, piano, keyboards, synthesizers, guitar, percussion, drum programming, samples
Epic Records, Fueled by Ramen, Daylight, MCA, Geffen, Interscope Records
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sam Farrar has dated –
- Stephanie Eitel – Sam Farrar is married to singer and musician, Stephanie Eitel, who was formerly a member of the band Agent Sparks. In August 2009, she gave birth to their daughter, Vesper Pearl Farrar. In January 2014, they welcomed a baby boy named Flynn Roscoe Farrar into their family. Sam and Stephanie have even collaborated on their music project called Bubble and Strike.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Australian ancestry on his mother as well as father’s side.
Crystal Blue Eyes
Sam Farrar’s music band Maroon 5 has done endorsement work for Vivoom and Harman.
Best Known For
- Being a member of the popular American music band, Maroon 5, which has managed to sell over 75 million records all over the world. The band has also released several chart-topping studio albums.
- Being a founding member of the rock band, Phantom Planet. The band is best known for the popularity of their single, California, which was used as a theme song for the TV series The O.C.
In 1998, his music band Phantom Planet released their debut studio album, Phantom Planet Is Missing.
The first album released by Maroon 5 after Sam Farrar became an official member of the band was Red Pill Blues, which was released in November 2017. The album was a great commercial success and it debuted in the 2nd position on the US Billboard 200. Also, the album was certified as Platinum in May 2018.
In 2005, he made his theatrical film debut in the sports comedy movie, Bad News Bears.
First TV Show
In 1998, Sam Farrar appeared in an episode of family comedy series Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. But, his appearance was uncredited.
In 2013, Sam Farrar made his first credited TV show appearance as himself in the music biographical show, Rock N’ Roll Stories.
Sam Farrar Favorite Things
- Show to Play – The Troubadour and Rock in Rio
- Music Bands – Nirvana and Pearl Jam
Source – After The Show Music
Sam Farrar Facts
- Apart from being a great multi-instrumentalist, he is also a good artist and loves to paint murals. He has even put up an art show. His art prints can be bought from his official website.
- In 1994, he collaborated with his friends to form the rock band, Phantom Planet. The first ever music show they performed was at The Troubadour in Hollywood in 1994. Their friends couldn’t attend their show as they hadn’t turned 18.
- Early in their career, The Phantom Planet regularly performed in and around the Hollywood area. They eventually were discovered by Geffen Records executives and in 1997, they signed a record deal with the prestigious record label.
- In November 2008, it was announced that their show at The Troubadour, the following month, would be their last show before they take an indefinite hiatus. In November 2011, it was announced on Twitter that the band was going to reunite in 2012.
- He has worked with the members of music bands – Maroon 5 and Gomez in the experimental band, Operation Aloha. The band was created on the suggestion of photographer Christopher Wray-McCann, who asked them whether they wanted to live in a treehouse for 30 days in Maui, Hawaii and record a music album.
- In May 2009, Operation Aloha released their eponymous studio album. The band didn’t tour extensively to support the album and only performed at The Troubadour and appeared live on Carson Show.
- In 2012, he became a touring member of Maroon 5. Apart from playing multiple instruments such as guitars, bass guitar (occasionally), percussion, and additional keyboards, he was also tasked with singing backing vocals and providing samples on their shows.
- Visit his official website @ samfarrar.com.
- Follow him on Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Amanda Munoz / Flickr / CC BY 2.0