|Sanah Moidutty Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||July 1, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sanah Moidutty is an Indian singer and songwriter who has rendered her voice in many films and shows in songs such as Always Kabhi Kabhi from Always Kabhi Kabhi, Moto Ghotalo from Gori Tere Pyaar Mein, Raghupati Raghav from Attacks of 26/11, Afeemi from Meri Pyaari Bindu, Matvaare from India’s Most Wanted, Oru Arai Unathu from Maara, Hayakki Baby from Kapatadhaari, and Tu Hai, Sindhu Ma, and Mohenjo Mohenjo from Mohenjo Daro. For the song Afeemi from Meri Pyaar Bindu, Sanah Moidutty won the award for “Singing Sensation of the Year” at the Asiavision Movie Award 2017.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sanah Moidutty went to the Mary Immaculate Girls’ High School in Mumbai. She later got enrolled at the St. Francis Institute of Technology. She also studied at the Jai Hind College in Mumbai. Sanah holds a Bachelor of Technology degree in Computer Science.
She took Carnatic classical music training from Sundari Gopalakrishnan for 6 years. For 7 years, she trained under Madhuvanti Pethe in Hindustani classical music. She has taken training from Samantha Edwards for Western Vocals. She also took training from Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan Sahib for a brief time.
- Father – Her father is a bank manager.
- Mother – Rasiya (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Sajitha Moidutty (Sister)
Filmi, Indi Pop, Carnatic
- YRF Music
- Sony Music
- Times Music
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has Malayali ancestry.
- Curly hair
- High cheekbones
Sanah Moidutty has lent her voice to the commercials for Eva deodorant and Cinthol.
Best Known For
- Having lent her voice to the singles for the Bollywood movies such as Gori Tere Pyaar Mein, Always Kabhi Kabhi, Mohenjo Daro, and The Attacks of 26/11
- Having performed with established artists such as Keerthi Sagathia, Vishal-Shekhar, and Ash King. She has also performed and collaborated with the Indie band, SANAM.
As a Singer
She sang her first Bollywood song, which was the title song of the movie Always Kabhi Kabhi, in 2011. Bhavin Dhanak was her co-singer while Shree D and Ashish Rego composed the music score.
Sanah Moidutty Favorite Things
- Indian Musicians – A. R. Rahman, Kailasa, Asha Bhosle
- International Musicians – Beyonce, India.Arie, Michael Jackson, Sia
Source – A Humming Heart
Sanah Moidutty Facts
- After she completed her engineering degree, she decided to start her YouTube channel to gain some exposure and polish her skills.
- Although she is busy with her playback singing career and live shows, she still makes it a point to regularly post covers on her YouTube channel as she believes that it gives a glimpse of her as a person.
- At the age of 5, she started singing and it was her earliest ambition to become a singer.
- Her talent was, in fact, discovered by her mother and she has always encouraged Sanah to pursue a career in music.
- She first did a stage show at the age of 7. At that age, she started performing with the children’s troupe Bacchon Ki Duniya. She also performed with other groups.
- By the time she reached the age of 18, she had done more than 500 shows (both as a solo artist and with various groups).
- In 2007, she managed to finish as a runner-up in the Voice of Mumbai competition, which was organized by the Hindustan Times.
- She first managed to grab social media attention with her cover of Manmarziyan, which she had recorded on the terrace of her house.
- Her cover of O Rangrez from Bhaag Milkha Bhaag was noticed and liked by A R Rahman, who decided to do 3 songs with her.
Featured Image by Sanah Moidutty / Instagram