|Gayathri Raghuram Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 23, 1984|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gayathri Raghuram is an Indian actor, director, choreographer, dancer, reality television personality, and politician. She has been cast in a number of Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, and Kannada language movies like Manasella Neene, Charlie Chaplin, Rang De, Yaadhumagi Nindraai, Nakshathrakkannulla Rajakumaran Avanundoru Rajakumari, Whistle, Vai Raja Vai, Maa Bapu Bommaku Pellanta, Style, Parasuram, Idhu Enna Maayam, Tharai Thappattai, Vikadan, Vaanam, Kadhalil Sodhappuvadhu Yeppadi, Love Failure, and Aruvam. Gayathri Raghuram joined Bharatiya Janata Party in 2014 in the presence of BJP president Amit Shah and was appointed as the party’s secretary for arts in Tamil Nadu in November 2015.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Actor, Director, Choreographer, Dancer, Reality Television Personality, Politician
- Father – Raghuram (Choreographer)
- Mother – Girija Raghuram (Choreographer)
- Siblings – Suja Raghuram (Older Sister) (Dancer, Actor)
- Others – K. Subramanyam (Great-Grandfather) (Director, Producer, Screenwriter), Jayanthi (Maternal Aunt), Kala (Maternal Aunt) (Choreographer), Brindha (Maternal Aunt) (Choreographer)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gayathri Raghuram has dated –
- Deepak Chandrasekhar (2006-2008) – She got married to US-based software engineer Deepak Chandrasekar in California in August 2006. It was an arranged marriage and they subsequently held a Hindu ceremony in December 2006 which was attended by several actors and politicians from Tamil Nadu. However, in 2008, Gayathri filed for divorce on the grounds of domestic abuse from Deepak and his parents. The divorce was finalized in 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
Gayathri Raghuram is of Tamil descent.
Gayathri Raghuram Facts
- She comes from a brahmin Iyer family.
- She was 14 years old when she started acting.
- In 2002, Gayathri Raguram made her first film appearance as a social activist named Susi in the Tamil-language comedy film Charlie Chaplin. She was roped in for the project after Gayatri Jayaraman opted out of the movie.
- She made her Kannada debut as Renuka in the 2002 romantic film Manasella Neene.
- Alongside Prithviraj Sukumaran, Gayathri Raguram co-starred as Aswathy in the 2002 Malayalam-language romantic drama film Nakshathrakkannulla Rajakumaran Avanundoru Rajakumari.
- She was cast as Anjali in the 2003 Tamil-language slasher film Whistle, a remake of the American slasher film Urban Legend (1998).
- Gayathri appeared as a contestant on the Tamil reality television show Bigg Boss in 2017 and was evicted from the show on Day 56. She received widespread criticism for her behavior on the show and a police complaint was filed against her for using derogatory words against a fellow contestant.
- In November 2019, she was charged with drunk driving by Abhiramapuram Traffic Control Police.
- She played the character of Thamarai, a background dancer who aspires to become an actor, in the 2020 Tamil-language film Yaadhumagi Nindraai. Gayathri Raguram also served as the director and producer of the project.
- She was appointed as the president of the Arts and Culture Wing of Tamil Nadu BJP in July 2020.
- Her Twitter account was permanently suspended on October 26, 2020, for violating Twitter’s rules after she posted a series of tweets relating to the controversy over VCK leader Thol. Thirumavalavan’s statement on Manusmriti.
- As a choreographer, Gayathri Raguram has worked on multiple projects including To Noora with Love, Samsaaram Aarogyathinu Haanikaram, Kadavul Paathi Mirugam Paathi, 100 Days of Love, Memories, Deiva Thirumagal, Thalaivaa, Ennu Ninte Moideen, As I’m Suffering From Kadhal, Nimirndhu Nil, Chandrettan Evideya, Scene Onnu Nammude Veedu, Daddy Cool, Kaaviya Thalaivan, Thalaivi, I Love Me, Poi Solla Porom, and Kadhalil Sodhappuvadhu Yeppadi.
Featured Image by Gayathri Raghuram / Instagram