|Gayatri Jayaraman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gayatri Jayaraman is an Indian actor, model, and video jockey who has appeared in many Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, and Malayalam language films such as Neela, Manadhai Thirudivittai, April Maadhathil, Vaseegara, Shree, Aaduthu Paaduthu, Njan Salperu Ramankutty, Lanke, Naidu LLB, Swamy, Lokanathan IAS, and Uppena. She has also been a part of various television projects including Shree Ganesh, Micro Thodargal-Nizhal Vilaiyattu, Micro Thodargal-Azhukku Vetti, Nandhini, Super Kudumbam, Valli Thirumanam, Kayal, Grandmaster, Azhagu, and Achcham Thavir.
Gayatri Jayaraman studied at Adarsh Vidyalaya and Church Park in Chennai. Afterward, she got enrolled at IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) and pursued a Bachelor of Science degree.
She also studied Physiotherapy at SRM Institute of Science and Technology, a private deemed university located in Kattankulathur, Chengalpattu, Tamil Nadu.
Actor, Model, Video Jockey
- Father – Jayaraman
- Mother – Chitra
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gayatri Jayaraman has dated –
- Samit Sawhny (2007-Present) – In 2007, she got married to entrepreneur and author Samit Sawhny in a small and private ceremony in the Andaman Islands. They parent 2 children – a son named Ishaan and a daughter named Inara.
Race / Ethnicity
Pierced ears and nose
Gayatri Jayaraman Facts
- She spent her initial years growing up in Shahabad near Gulbarga and she was 4 years old when her family shifted to Madras.
- Initially, Gayatri Jayaraman wanted to pursue a career in medicine but despite gaining 94% in board exams, she was unable to secure a medical seat.
- In October 1997, she won the Miss Tamil Nadu title and won the Miss South India title the following year.
- Even after she started her pursuits in the entertainment industry, Gayatri continued her studies and once stated that “the average life of an actress on screen is maximum four years” and that “she can always return to physiotherapy once my career as an actress is over”.
- In 2001, she made her first film appearance by playing the titular role of Neela, a nomadic folk singer who belongs to the “Neelagararu” tribe, in the Kannada drama film Neela. This performance won her the Cinema Express Award in the “Best Actress” category.
- Gayatri Jayaraman made her first Tamil-language film appearance as Shruthi in the 2001 musical comedy film Manadhai Thirudivittai. She co-starred in the film alongside Prabhu Deva, Kausalya, and Vadivelu.
- After the release of Manadhai Thirudivittai, Gayathri revealed that her role in the film was changed and Kausalya played the role that Gayathri had initially signed on to portray.
- She was cast in an item number in the 2001 Hindi-language epic historical drama film Aśoka, a dramatized version of the early life of emperor Asoka of the Maurya dynasty. It stars Shah Rukh Khan, Ajith Kumar, Kareena Kapoor, Hrishitaa Bhatt, and Danny Denzongpa.
- Gayatri Jayaraman brought to life the character of Nirmala “Nimmi” in the 2002 Tamil-language romantic drama film April Maadhathil.
- After her marriage, she announced her retirement and reportedly went on to become a certified scuba diving instructor in the Andaman Islands.
- In 2021, she was seen as Sangeetha’s mother in the Telugu-language romantic drama film Uppena, starring Panja Vaisshnav Tej, Krithi Shetty, and Vijay Sethupathi.
- Gayatri started playing the recurring role of Vasundhara in the Tamil-language romantic comedy family drama television series Valli Thirumanam in 2022.
Featured Image by Gayatri Jayaraman / Instagram