|Sandeep Lamichhane Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 2, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sandeep Lamichhane is a Nepalese professional cricketer who has represented his country in the limited-overs versions of the sport (ODIs and T20Is), as a front-line spin bowler. In December 2021, the Cricket Association of Nepal (the governing body for the sport in the country) had appointed him Nepal’s senior national team captain. Before breaking into the senior national team, he had represented Nepal at the 2016 Under-19 ICC Cricket World Cup, where the team had finished in 8th place in the 16-team competition. A valuable leg-spin bowler with a bag full of tricks, he has been featured in franchise-based T20 leagues around the world, turning out for Delhi Capitals (2018–2020) in the IPL (Indian Premier League); St. Kitts & Nevis Patriots (2018), Barbados Tridents (2019), and Jamaica Tallawahs (2020) in the CPL (Caribbean Premier League); Nangarhar Leopards (2018) in the APL (Afghanistan Premier League); Melbourne Stars (2018-19-2019-20) and Hobart Hurricanes (2020-21–Present) in the BBL (Big Bash League); Sylhet Sixers (2019) in the BPL (Bangladesh Premier League); Lahore Qalandars (2019) in the PSL (Pakistan Super League); and Montreal Tigers (2018) and Toronto Nationals (2019) in Global T20 Canada.
Kancha, King of Spin, Nepal’s Shane Warne
Aruchaur, Syangja, Gandaki Province, Nepal
- Father – Chander Narayan Lamichhane
- Mother – Kopila Devi
- Siblings – Mohan Lamichhane (Older Brother), Indu Lamichhane (Sister)
He is represented by Talha Aisham, Manager and Booking Agent, Saya Corporation, Sports Management Agency, Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, United States.
Right-Arm Leg Break
- 25 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I), St. Kitts & Nevis Patriots (CPL), Toronto Nationals (Global T20 Canada)
- 1 – Delhi Capitals (IPL), Melbourne Stars (BBL)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Nepalese descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped, spiked hair
- Sports a thin beard
- Wears ear studs
Sandeep Lamichhane Facts
- At the 2016 Under-19 ICC Cricket World Cup, during Nepal’s 2nd match of the tournament, against Ireland, Sandeep had become just the 5th bowler in the tournament’s history to have taken a hat-trick (the feat of dismissing 3 batters off 3 successive legal deliveries). He was named the ‘Player of the Match’ for his performance. He had finished the tournament as the second-highest wicket-taker with 14 wickets.
- In March 2018, he had become the first Nepalese cricketer to be selected in the CPL.
- In May 2018, he had become the first Nepalese cricketer to play in the IPL.
- In May 2018, he had been included in the ICC (International Cricket Council) Rest of the World XI team to play against the West Indies to raise funds for the reconstruction of the cricket stadiums damaged by Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Maria in September 2017. He made his T20I debut in the match and had thus become the first cricketer ever to make his T20I debut representing a combined team rather than his national team.
- In October 2018, he had become the Nepalese cricketer to play in the BBL.
- He is an amateur singer and often uploads his songs and music videos on YouTube. In July 2018, he had released his first song titled Udash Thiyo.
Featured Image by Sandeep Lamichhane / Instagram