|Sander van Doorn Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 28, 1979|
Sander van Doorn is a Dutch record producer, record label owner, remixer, and DJ. He is best known for his studio albums titled Supernaturalistic, released on March 3, 2008, and Eleve11, released on September 19, 2011. He also released a studio album titled SPECTRVM under his alter ego, Purple Haze, on October 9, 2017.
Sander van Doorn, Purple Haze, Sam Sharp, Filterfunk, Sandler, Larsson
Eindhoven, North Brabant, Netherlands
DJ, Record Label Owner, Remixer, Record Producer
- Siblings – He has an older brother.
- Others – Jacquelien Van Putten (Mother-in-Law)
Sander van Doorn is represented by –
- William Morris Agency/Endeavour (Talent Agent) in the United States and Canada
- Active Talent Agency (Talent Agent) in Asia
- Doorn Music/Marjolein van Putten (Manager) in The Netherlands
- Get In! PR (Publicist)
Electro House, Tech Trance, Progressive House, EDM
Digital Audio Interface, Massive Native Instruments Synth
- Oxygen Recordings (Former)
- Doorn Records
- Spinnin’ Records
- Mixmash Records
- Toolroom Records
- Ultra Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sander van Doorn has dated –
- Marjolein van Putten (2017-Present) – He married Marjolein van Putten, his manager, in 2017. They have a daughter named Ava-Anouk, born on his birthday, February 28, 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
- Pointy, dimpled chin
Sander van Doorn Favorite Things
- Song (In 2009) – Animal by Pryda
- Song (In 2013) – Tsunami by DVBBS & Borgeous
- Song (In 2014) – Bullit by Watermät
- Song (In 2015) – Portland by Watermät & MOGUAI
- DJ/Producer (In 2009) – Ummet Ozcan
- DJ/Producer (In 2015) – KSHMR
Sander van Doorn Facts
- At the age of 6, his dad used to tell him stories that fit the music playing in the background. At the time, his dad was a big fan of Jean-Michel Jarre’s studio album, Équinoxe (1978), and kept playing the vinyl record.
- He started making music in 1995, at the age of 16, after he got fascinated with his older brother’s Roland Groovebox 303 music player.
- One of his earliest viral songs was a remix of Arctic Monkeys‘ song When the Sun Goes Down, which he released in 2007.
- Sander established his record label, Doorn Records, in 2007. His goal was not to trap artists into long-term contracts but to collaborate on a song-to-song basis.
- Sander managed to beat Deadmau5 and Calvin Harris to win the Breakthrough DJ award at the 2007 Miami Winter Music Conference.
- He debuted on DJMag‘s list of “Top 100 DJs” in 2006 at the 32nd spot. DJMag rated him #10 on the same list in 2009, which was his highest placement as of mid-2020.
- Tech giant Microsoft hired him alongside other artists to provide tracks for the official soundtrack of their Halo 4 video game in 2012.
- Sander was always a record producer at heart and only started DJing as a way to promote his work.
- He has collaborated with artists such as Robbie Williams, Gregor Salto, Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike, R3hab, Julian Jordan, Oliver Heldens, and Mayaeni.
- He released a compilation of his songs, titled Dusk Till Doorn (2011), which won a Dutch Silver Harp award.
- In 2017, he revived his moniker, Purple Haze, reserved for trance and tech trance music genre. He started releasing music under that stage name back in 2005, most notably singles Adrenaline, Hymn 2.0, and Bliksem.
- A club he’d like to bring back is called Guvernment, located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Sander performed there a few times before it closed, and the atmosphere and audience’s enthusiasm left a lasting impression on him.
- He has 2 pet cats.
- Sander thinks fans have an easy time memorizing him when he styles his hair into a spiky haircut.
- One of the tracks he considers life-changing was Pump Up The Jam (2002) by Technotronic. It made him alter his musical direction early in his career.
- As of 2019, he had more than 85k unread e-mails because he preferred to communicate in person.
- An underrated artist whose music he enjoys immensely is Sigur Rós.
- His preferred way of exploring new places is by riding a scooter bike.
Featured Image by MIXTRIBE / Flickr / CC BY-2.0