|Oliver Heldens Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 1, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Oliver Heldens is a Dutch record producer, songwriter, DJ, actor, and record label owner. He is best known as a pioneer in the future house genre, bringing it to international prominence. His best-known singles were Gecko (Overdrive) (2013), Last All Night (Koala) (2014), The Right Song (2016), Fire in My Soul (2018), and Turn Me On (2019).
Olivier J. L. Heldens
HI-LO, Oli H
He graduated from high school in 2014 and never went to college because he doesn’t believe in musical schooling.
DJ, Record Producer, Record Label Owner, Songwriter, Actor
- Father – He is an accomplished Hammond organ and piano player.
- Mother – Elaine Schaap (Oliver’s Financial Advisor And Manager)
- Siblings – Lars Heldens (Younger Brother). He also has a younger sister and another younger brother.
Oliver Heldens is represented by –
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA) (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Spin Artists Agency (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Milk & Honey Music (Manager) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- The Media Nanny (Publicist) in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Future House, Electro House, Tech House, Progressive House, EDM, Disco, Funk, Drum & Bass, Big Room House
Digital Audio Interface, Keyboards
- Spinnin’ Records
- Musical Freedom
- FFRR Records
- Atlantic Records
- RCA Records
- Heldeep Records
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He has Jewish ancestry on his maternal side.
- Thick eyebrows
- Wide nose
Oliver Heldens is an avid supporter of the Plastic Soup Foundation, which aims to reduce and eventually eliminate ocean pollution.
He is not religious.
Oliver Heldens Favorite Things
- Production Gadget (In 2016) – Pioneer DJM-450 Mixer
- Songs (In 2018) – Astral Projection by Enrico Sangiuliano, Oliver’s Remix of One Kiss by Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa
- Song (In 2019) – Nobody Else by Axwell
- DJ/Producers (In 2018) – Paul Nicholas Fisher, Zonderling
- DJ/Producers (In 2019) – UMEK, Wehbba, Enrico Sangiuliano
- Cuisine – Chinese/Asian
Oliver Heldens Facts
- He played chess growing up and has “a full room of awards”.
- Early in his career, he was inspired by fellow Dutch DJs and producers, Fedde Le Grand and Sander van Doorn.
- Oliver revealed his best melodies came to him while he was bored at school or cycling home from school.
- Oliver did not focus on house music early in his career and preferred to do groovy/electro/dance/progressive songs. In 2014, DJ and producer Tiësto signed his track Koala (2014) to his Musical Freedom Label and re-released it with vocals, thus in a way forcing Oliver to change his priority.
- He founded a record label named Heldeep Records in 2015. His debut track on the label was titled Renegade Mastah, and released by HI-LO, a mysterious artist. Soon after, he revealed it was his alter ego and wanted to see how people would react if they didn’t know the artist’s true identity.
- He called his moniker HI-LO “his darker, edgy, stripped-back side” and the music he released “bassline driven and underground”. The moniker comes from his nickname “Oli H”, only reversed. Even his mom enjoyed his sets as HI-LO more than his Oliver Heldens sets because she “found herself in a trance and couldn’t stop dancing“.
- Oliver landed 7th spot on DJMag‘s list of “Top 100 DJs” in 2019.
- He stated that being a DJ was always the primary source of his joy, and producing, doing live performances, and signing other artists came secondary.
- Oliver has wondered whether there would be fewer deaths if MDMA and ecstasy were legal. He realized this would make the number of poorly-made drugs on the street drop significantly and thus save lives.
- Oliver is not the type of person that listens to entire albums. However, he can spend hours in a row discovering songs by underground artists.
- He had a pet guinea pig.
- If he had to plan the 1st date with a person he likes, Oliver would choose a trip to the zoo.
Featured Image by Oliver Heldens / Instagram