|Sania Saeed Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||August 28, 1972|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sania Saeed is a Pakistani actor, theatre artist, television host, and producer who has worked on various projects such as Manto, Joyland, Tapish, Sitara Aur Mehrunissa, Aahat, Zaib-un-Nisa, Aur Zindagi Badalti Hai, Shayad Key Bahar Aaye, Thori Si Mohabbat, Mor Mahal, Be Adab, Jhumka Jaan, Meri Guriya, Khamoshiyan, The Ghost, Bebaak, Sang-e-Mah, Hawa Rait Aur Angan, Intekhab, Tarazu, Aao Kahani Buntay Hain, Gul-e-Rana Ki Bhawajain, Lamha Lamha Zindagi, Kamli, Hum Pe Jo Guzarti Hai, Saatwaan Aasman, Mehar Posh, Numm, Chakkar, 24 Ghante, Koshish, Zard Mausam, Aik Larki Bheegi Bhaagi Si, Churails, Kitni Girhain Baqi Hain, Shareek-e-Hayat, Sang-e-Mar Mar, Sammi, Piyari Bittu, Mera Maan Rakhna, Kathak, Raqeeb Se, Putlighar, and Dour. Moreover, she has been a recipient of many accolades including the Lux Style Award, Hum Award, ARY Film Award, and PTV Award.
Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
Sania Saeed studied at St. Joseph’s Convent High School in Karachi and then attended PECHS College for Women. Afterward, she got enrolled at the University of Karachi and graduated with a BA Hons degree in Psychology.
Actor, Theatre Artist, Television Host, Producer
- Father – Mansoor Saeed (Political activist who also translated books, documentaries, and theatre plays in Urdu)
- Mother – Abida Saeed (Member of the Communist Party of Pakistan, Established Seedling Montessori School in 1983)
- Siblings – Ahmer Saeed (Brother) (Former captain of Pakistan’s Under-19 cricket team)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sania Saeed has dated –
- Shahid Shafaat (1998-Present) – She got married to director, writer, producer, and actor Shahid Shafaat in the year 1998.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Pakistani ancestry.
Sania Saeed Facts
- Along with Sarmad Khoosat, Saba Qamar, Hina Khawaja Bayat, Nimra Bucha, and Talha Mufti, Sania Saeed co-starred as Safiya Manto in the 2015 biographical drama film Manto, based on the life of Pakistani short-story writer Sadat Hassan Manto. This role won her the ARY Film Award in the “Best Actor Female (Jury)” category and she was also nominated for a Lux Style Award for “Best Film Actress”.
- Sania Saeed brought to life the character of Shameem (wife of Gulistan Khan; mother of Aurang, Bano, Safiullah, and Goher; and the mother-in-law of Torah and Gulalai) in the television social romantic drama series Sang-e-Mar Mar in 2016. For this performance, she bagged the Hum Award for “Best Supporting Actress” in 2017.
- She was cast in the recurring role of Shehnaz Khalid in the thriller drama web series Churails in 2020. The show’s lead cast included Sarwat Gilani, Mehar Bano, Nimra Bucha, and Yasra Rizvi.
- In 2021, Sania Saeed was seen as Hajra in the romantic drama television series Raqeeb Se and her co-stars for the project included Hadiqa Kiani, Nauman Ijaz, Iqra Aziz, Faryal Mehmood, and Saqib Sumeer. This role won her the Hum Award for “Most Impactful Character”.
- She played Mrs. Ehtisham (Abaan & Romaan’s mother) in the 2021 romantic mystery and thriller drama television series Dour.
- She is a cat person and has adopted many cats.
- Alongside Saba Qamar, Hamza Khawaja, and Nimra Bucha, Sania Saeed co-starred as Sakina in the 2022 drama film Kamli.
- She was cast as Fayyaz in the 2022 Urdu and Punjabi-language drama film Joyland. The film was selected as the Pakistani entry for “Best International Feature Film” at the 95th Academy Awards.
Featured Image by Sania Saeed / Instagram