|Sarah Clarke Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 16, 1972|
Sarah Clarke is an American actress who is most well recognized for her portrayal of Nina Myers in the action-drama TV series 24 (2001–2004), Renée Dwyer in the 2008 romantic fantasy film Twilight, Erin McGuire in the drama TV series Trust Me (2009), and CIA Agent Lena Smith in the drama TV series Covert Affairs (2012).
Sarah Elizabeth Lively Clarke
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Maine, United States
Sarah had attended the John Burroughs School in her home town of St. Louis. After her high school graduation, she joined Indiana University Bloomington where she studied Fine Arts and Italian and completed her senior year in Bologna, Italy.
Upon returning to the United States, she studied architectural photography and while doing so she would earn free acting lessons in return for taking photographs for a cultural arts center. Eventually, she studied acting from New York-based institutions such as Circle in the Square Theatre School, Axis Theater Company, and The Willow Cabin Theatre Company.
- Father – Ernest Clarke (Engineer)
- Mother – Carolyn Clarke
- Siblings – She has an older brother and a younger brother.
- Others – Peter Berkeley (Father-in-Law), Margaret Berkeley (Mother-in-Law)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sarah has dated –
- Jon Hamm – Sarah had attended the John Burroughs School with fellow future actor Jon Hamm, who was her prom date.
- Paul Rudd – While at University, Sarah had dated another future actor Paul Rudd for a short while.
- Xander Berkeley (2001-Present) – Sarah met actor Xander Berkeley on the sets of the TV series 24 in 2001 and the two began dating soon after. They got married on September 7, 2002, and have 2 daughters together – Olwyn Harper Berkeley (b. September 23, 2006) and Rowan Berkeley (born March 30, 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Petite frame
- Center-parted, neck-length hair
- Radiant face
- Charming smile
Sarah has been featured in the TV commercials for brands such as –
- Volkswagen (1999)
- Southwest Airlines (1999)
Sarah Clarke Facts
- At Indiana University, Sarah was a member of the Kappa Alpha Theta sorority. Although she was not interested in acting until then, she became enthused with the art form when she was completing her senior university year in Bologna, Italy, studying the Italian language.
- For her portrayal of The Clown in the 2000 short film Pas de Deux, just her 2nd acting role, she received an ‘Outstanding Performance’ award at the year’s Brooklyn Film Festival.
- In 2001, she had auditioned for the role of Nina Myers for the TV series 24. She, however, was selected for the role on the very day that filming was scheduled to begin. Consequently, she had to wear her outfits for the entire season’s shooting as the show’s wardrobe department did not have enough time to design costumes for her.
- She went on to win a Golden Satellite Award for ‘Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Drama Series’ for her work. She reprised the role of Nina Myers in 2006, this time as a voice actor in the video game 24: The Game.
Featured Image by Sarah Clarke / Instagram