|Sarah Rafferty Quick Info
|5 ft 9 in
|Date of Birth
|December 6, 1972
Sarah Rafferty is an American actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Donna Paulsen in Suits, Suzanne in Grey’s Anatomy, and Dr. Pamela Blake in Chicago Med. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as The Devil Wears Prada, Falling for Grace, Speakeasy, Law & Order, Walker, Texas Ranger, CSI: Miami, The District, Six Feet Under, Good Morning, Miami, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Charmed, Samantha Who?, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Bones, Numb3rs, Brothers & Sisters, and many more.
Sarah Gray Rafferty
Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
Sarah Rafferty went to the Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts to graduate in 1989.
She then joined the Hamilton College in New York City to study English and theater and graduated magna cum laude in 1993. As part of her college program, she spent her junior year studying theater in London, United Kingdom and at the University of Oxford.
Sarah then joined the Yale School of Drama and graduated with a Master’s degree in Fine Arts.
- Father – Michael Griffin Rafferty Jr (Oil Painter)
- Mother – Mary Lee Rafferty (Chairwoman of English Department at local Connecticut School)
- Siblings – Maura Rafferty (Older Sister), Ann Rafferty (Older Sister), Constance Rafferty (Older Sister)
Sarah Rafferty is represented by A Management Company.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sarah Rafferty has dated –
- Aleksanteri Olli-Pekka Seppala (2001-Present) – Sarah Rafferty met a stock research analyst and investment professional Aleksanteri Olli-Pekka Seppala in New York City. After dating for a brief period, they got married in June 2001 in a Roman Catholic ceremony held in her hometown Greenwich, Connecticut. Sarah gave birth to her first daughter, Oona Gray in October 2007. In January 2012, she gave birth to her second daughter, Iris Friday.
Race / Ethnicity
- Red hair
- Tall and slim figure
35-25-35 in or 89-63.5-89 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Sarah Rafferty is an ambassador for Because I am a Girl movement of Plan International to fight for girls’ rights and education.
Best Known For
Starring in the role of Donna Roberta Paulsen in the USA Network’s legal drama series Suits.
Sarah made her film debut in the 2000 movie Mambo Café for her role as Amy.
First TV Show
Rafferty made her first TV show appearance in 1999 in NBC’s police procedural and drama series Law & Order as Jennifer Shaliga in just 1 episode.
Sarah Rafferty is a big fan of Pilates and is a regular at the Winsor Pilates studio in Los Angeles. She also lifts weight to tone her body and enhance strength and, in case, she has some time on her hands, she doesn’t mind a session of hot yoga.
However, when it comes to cardio, she is not much of a treadmill fan and has to take it outside. She certainly enjoys hiking in the canyon. However, if she can’t leave the city, then she prefers running stairs or doing step-ups in the park. In the case of time crunch, she relies on 20 minutes boot camp in the park.
When it comes to diet, Sarah eats a pot of veggie soup for a quick and nourishing meal. Almonds are a fixture in her daily diet and she switches up the things by adding brown rice or ground turkey to her soup routine. Along with regular almonds, her pantry is well stocked with almond milk (which is her preferred base for protein rich smoothies), chocolate covered almonds and almond butter.
She loves to cheat with berry crumble or coconut ice cream. Fuji apples and sliced turkey with honey mustard are also welcome treats to soothe her sweet tooth.
Sarah Rafferty Favorite Things
- Dessert – Berry crumble, coconut ice cream, dark chocolate, Ezekiel muffins
Source – Shape
Sarah Rafferty Facts
- Sarah Rafferty got enamored with acting after taking part in the famous musical, Really Rosie in sixth grade.
- Sarah has been friends with her Suits co-star Gabriel Macht for more than 20 years. They first met at the Williamstown Theatre Festival in 1993.
- Sarah loves hiking and heads out to turn off work stress. Hiking Mount Kilimanjaro is high on her wishlist.
- She is the youngest in her family of 4 children.
- Rafferty has been an active supporter of Alzheimer’s disease associations and hosted the annual Sardi’s event on several occasions.
- Her acting career started after her drama teacher (for whom she was cutting the lawn grass) told her to skip the field hockey practice and instead join the “Richard III” cast.